YouTube Subtitles

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, April 23, 2013.

1. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I shall have your head for such blasphemy! :twisted:
  2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Honestly, I don't think we'd even try and caption most of them, but this one was a "key point" broadcast - first in-engine, and there were quite a few requests for it, that I got it started, but then figured I'd ask in case anyone was willing to help.

Most of our older stuff is documented pretty well in the forums and online, and for newer stuff, not much longer and people will be able to see it first hand, so it becomes much less of an issue. :)
  3. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Holy crap this is a lot of text to translate. :shock:
    At least one more, two days tops for Spanish.
  4. superroach

superroach Member

Just for the record - how DO you upload extra caption tracks?

I've manually edited captions for a video I've done to see how it works - the inbuilt caption editor is surprisingly good.
  5. redn4x

redn4x New Member

I just started translating to German, at about 5mins. In the current English version there is an error at 1:48, it is "answer some art questions", not "answer some of our questions". The rest is pretty ok so far.
  6. redn4x

redn4x New Member

I just started translating to German, at about 5mins. In the current English version there is an error at 1:48, it is "answer some art questions", not "answer some of our questions". The rest is pretty ok so far.
    edit1: 7:42 I think the forest is going to be dense, not the force.
    edit2: 10:39 going to sleep now.
    edit3: 17:50 "get out there and preorder", not "in preorder"
    Last edited: April 26, 2013
  7. hostileparadox

Ok, Spanish translation done. Bit of slow day at work, so I was able to finish it today.
    Gotta say, did not think this was a 20ish hour job when i started it :p

I'd rate it 95% accurate. Anything that might be wrong is because my grammar and punctuation are rusty. And there are subtle variations between the Spanish from every country, so I tried to used universal terms. Should be very understandable though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/455 ... lation.sbv
    Last edited: April 30, 2013
  8. ubersoldier501

ubersoldier501 Member

Late to the boat! Dammit! *InternetFistBump*

Also a thank you to everyone who's doing the translations! English is my only language, or I'd help out with that.
  9. redn4x

redn4x New Member

German version is done, checked it once. I shouldn't have any obvious errors anymore, but if anybody else wants to read it?

Attached Files:

10. syox

syox Member

++
  11. dezsoul

dezsoul New Member

I'll gladly help with the french translation but I have a question. I suppose we are working for free but is there any kind of reward ? Anyway I'll probably start dubbing in french next week but i don't know how many time it will take :lol:
  12. syox

syox Member

Maybe like a mention in the credits :)?
  13. miesha

miesha New Member

Hmm... A lot of text... I can give it a whirl in Norwegian, not sure how many PA-fans are Norwegian who care about it though, most Norwegian gamers are proficient enough in English to understand that video easily... But I'll give it a go :3 Probably only take a couple of hours.

edit: wow, it's gonna take more than a few hours o_O You guys sure can talk alot! I'll have it done before weekend start though.
  14. hostileparadox

Garat, I just saw the Spanish translation, apparently Youtube does not support accentuated letters, or upside down question marks, nor upside down quotation marks.

I have included a version without accents or other Spanish characters. Please replace, thank you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/455 ... ccents.sbv
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Thanks guys! Been running around non stop, working on unit and combat stuff, but I just updated with the latest Spanish and finally uploaded the German track as well.
  16. syox

syox Member

If you want to include Subtitles in the future. Can you do something to make them more readable?
    Black bar on the bottom of the video or other textstyle/renderer?
  17. hostileparadox

18. redn4x

redn4x New Member

19. hostileparadox