Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

I enjoyed it. Especially the true route/END. The OP theme was sweet too. ClariS are missionaryposition class. They're the best.

Lol. School Days was funny and outrageous. I literally slammed my fist to my iPhone when Katsura-san got ;) by that random dude.

Raaaaage.
  2. FireflyJenkins

FireflyJenkins Active Member

I got decently far into Cowboy Bebop, than my internet took a nice turn and I haven't picked it up since.

I loved me some FLCL, too bad it only had 2 seasons, not that they really had correlation.
  3. vinco46

vinco46 New Member

Wait what 2 seasons?
  4. FireflyJenkins

Hmm, maybe I'm mistaken, let me check. I might just have thought of it because maybe at time the site I was on split the episodes two groups.

Edit: Yeah, only 1 season, really don't know why I thought it was two. I did watch it years ago.
  5. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

FLCL didn't make any sense. I tried to rewatch multiple times but I still don't get it.

Also, I tried rewatching Black Rock Shooter. It's still pretentious and doesn't make sense. BRS is trying to be artsy by not making sense. Being confusing doesn't mean you're artistic or relevant.
  6. FireflyJenkins

Of course it doesn't matter.
  7. arseface

arseface Post Master General

As somebody who dislikes both FLCL and BRS, they both made sense. Though for BRS I only watched the OAV and first two episodes. Dropped it there 'cause bad. FLCL I managed to stomach my way through, though I regret it.

On a less critical note, I watched Little Witch Academia. Not bad. Super f@cking generic, but not bad.
  8. missionaryposition

BRS didn't make any sense at all. The battle scenes were sweet though.
  9. arseface

It was a parallel dimension used to display the little girls emotional troubles. That one made a lot more sense than FLCL. Though again, mostly just going off the OAV.
  10. missionaryposition

Great movie, phenomenal voice acting skills.

Strong 7 out of 10.

[​IMG]
  11. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

Do want and I need to get back to watching steins gate now I've finished soul eater.
  12. missionaryposition

I'm sure the movie will be floating around on the Internet, a couple of years from now.

AnoHana's movie is coming this summer. Gotta save some money.

Oh and we still have MadoMagi's 3rd movie later this year.

My wallet is crying.
  13. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

I forget this area exists and will again so random necro time:

I didn't watch OreImo season 1 so I have no idea what it was about but a lot of people seemed to like it so I jumped into Season 2 on a whim. I wouldn't really care if it was but it doesn't seem to go the incest route. Episode 5 did give into that idea a bit but it was a joke. Really I'm trying to see Kirino as a good character but she treats her brother so wrong so often. *slap, slap, slap*

Other than that, stuff from this season that I'm watching is:
    • Attack on Titan (or "Shingeki no Kyojin")
    • Hataraku Maou-sama!
    • Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko
    • Devil Survivor 2
    • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W
    • Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties

I can't account for everyone's tastes but I recommend the first three I listed, at least looking into their descriptions if you want to check out something new. The last three are just..ok.
  14. vinco46

vinco46 New Member

Kirino ruined OreImo for me. And I really wanted to like it. I really don't like tsundere characters, well at least the overly tsun ones. Shame since I liked the ska soundtrack.

I just finished SAO. Got no strong feelings towards it, but I can say I liked Kirito's style. I really like the color black.

I'm going to watch Eva 3.33 now. Eden of the East is the next series I'm doing to check out.

Edit: Damn, Shinji. How many times can you **** up.
  15. NegimaSonic

I'm pretty ok with Tsundere characters but she's just mean too much and he just has to take it.

SAO to me, was great..the first half at least. The second arc was questionable. I didn't hate it, it's just the different location, less sense of risk changed it a bit as well as the Asuna taking the backseat for the entire season.

I couldn't make myself watch Evangelion so far. I read some of the manga at least, just haven't dealt with the anime.
  16. arseface

They ruined the second season. The book was significantly better.

Less of a focus on the creepy borderline incest stuff(still there, but less of a focus), and they removed the best character in the series for lack of time(and effectively removed the possibility of an Excalibur arc ova).
  17. NegimaSonic

Eh the incest doesn't really bother me, they're cousins and this is fairly common in a lot of manga/anime. She's clearly not a "winner" either, even if they had been brother/sis, she'd never win over Asuna(unless the LN's made her better)

Edit: To get on a different page here, I got to see the latest episode of Attack on Titan
    [​IMG]
    This gif doesn't really spoil anything significant. It's just a good shot of the action that has been building lately. I hope they don't lose their steam.

Didn't get around to any of my other Saturday release shows, I randomly decided to a mni marathon of Inu x Boku SS thinking about a friend who liked it. (Not amazing but it amused me a bit)
  18. vinco46

vinco46 New Member

Cool alternate universe Spiderman. I'd watch Attack on Titan myself but I'm trying to watch other seasons I missed. Plus it's easier to download finished seasons rather than anxiously waiting for the next episode.
  19. missionaryposition

"Attack on Titan", that title is gay as f*ck.

"Shingeki no Kyojin" sounds waaay cooler.

Look what I've bought 2 weeks ago.

[​IMG]

I'm on volume 10. It's a f*cking god-like manga. The anime is phenomenal too. It's really big here in Japan. If you do the SnK salute (putting your left hand on your back and your right hand on your heart) to some Anime stores, they'll give you a secret code that will make you able to access to their website and download SnK wallpapers.

They aren't expensive but not cheap either. They're worth buying.

¥4505 LOL.

[​IMG]
  20. NegimaSonic

haha, I've plenty enough on my backlog and even if I finish that, I've got games. Really the biggest enemies are everything else I have to do vs the motivation to play/watch things.

I seem to be getting further and further away from even trying to continue "K" though. I gave up on it while it was airing but I like to finish things unless they're absolutely horrible.

omg D: Temptation to read it is strong but I'm fighting it.