$20 just to get a beta key!

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by nooblets, April 22, 2013.

1. ToastAndEggs

ToastAndEggs Member

Its a damn deal, your paying 60 for more than just a disk, which is better than 90% of games will offer.
  2. Ti1t

Ti1t Member

Don't review a beta. Hate it when people review unfinished products.

$60 is a bargain imo
  3. themindlessone

themindlessone Member

I don't have the disposable income to support beyond the level where I have already pledged, so personally I wont be seeing either the alpha or beta tests.

Which is most unfortunate because I'm sure the feed back we could have given, would have significantly helped to improve the game. Ultimately I believe that it is Uber's loss not to have us in on the alpha/beta.
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Alpha and Beta access should not be used for review purposes. If that was your intended use of Alpha or Beta access then I, for one, am disgusted at your business practices.

Which magazine/site do you write for and what's your pen-name?
    I want know... so I can avoid both of them like the plague.
  5. syox

syox Member

Husky used to permanently "review" Starcraft2 on his Channel, also many other people said what they where thinking about the actual version or upcomming changes.

I don't think it hurt the game.
  6. nanolathe

Your example is a youtube channel (unless I'm very much mistaken)
    Not only that, but Husky played Starcraft from age 11 and played the game avidly for 12 years.

I do not use Youtube as a reliable source of 'reviews'. Watching real-time gameplay examples, sure... but I'm sure as shooting not going to quote "Youtube" as a source of good reviews; certainly not those channels held by fanboys, thank you syox.
  7. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I love how you use bb code to express yourself, makes imagining your voice very fun. No need to insult the poor guy like this though, he didn't do nothin'!
  8. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

You're much more aggressive than usual in your later posts nanolathe.
    Keep cool :)
  9. syox

syox Member

Thats why he is now on my ignore list.
  10. nanolathe

No insult to their person is present, nor intended in my posts. My ire is solely directed to the way he or she conducts business.

As for what's up with my posts recently; I've become more settled into the community and because of this I'm being freer with my tone. I've judged the waters, made friends and enemies (you know who you are!) and generally know what to post, how to post it to get my point across and maybe provoke some laughs from my intended audience. Not everyone likes that... and I wouldn't want it any other way. Can't be friends with everyone.

Using the bb code is part of that. It's a skill I've had to relearn and re-sharpen since you are seeing me returning to an active forum presence that I have not held in almost a decade. Thank you very much for the complement iampetard
    :)
  11. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I'm one of those people who get a good ol' lol at nanolathe's posts on here. Often because he says exactly what I want to before I get a chance to log in and post. That said, there's some supremely angsty people on the forum at the moment, and I would prefer him to focus his ridicule towards them.
  12. nanolathe

You're asking me to shoot fish in a barrel.

So. Many. Fish...
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Sounds about right.

Mike
  14. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

This thread has gotten a little too close to nasty. Right now, it's a bit harsh, but not in to all out abuse territory. Reminder: disagree with each other all you want, but people have a right to their opinion.

Have your discussions and arguments, but keep it polite, and not ad hominem.
  15. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

After my experience with the alpha and beta in SuperMNC I think it's worth it to pay a little extra to get access. Especially the first versions were hilarious when SMNC was still invite only. Balance was off but it was pretty stable and enjoyable.

And this time I just can't wait to see what Neutrino did with the PA engine. It looked nothing short of revolutionary compared to anything I have seen in RTS so far.
  16. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the pricing was basically set by the kickstarter. The prices are set as they are so that we can generate the revenue we need to build the game.

By buying into the alpha/beta not only are you getting early access, you are actually helping to get the game made. You are one of the few who believes in us enough to actually be a part of the process and for that we are forever grateful.
  17. nambler

nambler New Member

Well the perk is, if you actually pay $20 for beta access, then you are probably someone that really believes in the game and might actually want to help contribute to the whole... beta process. Instead of people that just want to play a game as soon as they can.

Which makes me worried about the OP since they stated they wanted the beta access for their gaming website. Most betas have NDAs; plus, you should never review and base a game from its beta.
  18. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

You payed anyways.
  19. HeadClot

HeadClot Member

I payed for 2 beta keys :)

I am very happy ATM.
  20. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

We are the ones grateful for your awesomeness from creating TA and SupCom. By supporting this game we want you to know that what you do is loved by many people and I'm sure we will keep supporting you as long as you are willing to create games like these.