I'd like to blame Uber, but I think it's our fault.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Patch, December 30, 2010.

1. Patch

Patch New Member

Why do you think I put an x variable in front of the minutes??!

Unbelievable...

This was a post I meant to make the day of Spunky Cola's release. I held off because I didn't think anyone would take it seriously. It's been a month. I also made this thread in case anyone considering buying MNC at 50% off is on the fence. At this point, the game is no longer special.
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

and this forum takes account for it, moron. no matter what timezone you are in, it displays the post as posted as his time. ie: if you are in east coast time and i am in west, and you post something at 12pm your time, it will tell me it was posted at 9 my time.

nice try.
  3. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Words: they were taken from my mouth. Go back to hitting on the male forum members, Grec. "I read it all." LOL NO.

On topic: I'm not really sure how much I agree with Patch here. On the one hand, I obviously still play the game a lot and my enjoyment hasn't really waned. On the other hand I think I get what he means by saying the experience has changed.

I typed a lot more, but I think I'll just shorten it to this: In my opinion, the main change in the game has been the general increase in skill level and knowledge base of the average player.
  4. Patch

Patch New Member

My complaints are about the required updates that came with Spunky, not the arena in particular.

Obviously I do not think this; I'm simply surprised how many suggestions posted on the forums (quite a few of them bad) made it into the Spunky DLC/update.

MNC now versus MNC then feels likely two completely different games. I've spoken with many players who felt the game was originally a 9/10 and would now rate it a 6/10. It definitely feels like you made certain changes to appease the community, and it blew up in your face.

All of this is moot since you're the developers and you're happy with your creation. I'm just whining.

You've succeeded.

Please put a map editor in the Steam version. We'll gladly pay extra.
  5. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

And the reward for my favorite Dev Team ever goes to...
  6. NataVonDoom

NataVonDoom New Member

So they add one small map thats more chaotic and suddenly the game goes to pot? Jeez. They can't all be 5 football fields long like grenade iii.

That being said, I haven't really noticed a difference in game play.. except I have to watch out for running into more windows.. and that I can't chain juice unless some poor fool has left a lazerblazer unattended. But yanno. I got the game the second month it was out, so maybe that first month was really really different.

Maybe the reason you're hating it so much is because there are a lot more people who know what they're doing in the game now? Its gotten a lot harder to pull a victory when you're playing with people you don't know if you can count on. Or well, at least in my opinion.
  7. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Since I'm still curious
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i must say if i had any games that arent WAY overplayed or are MNC i probably wouldnt be playing MNC.

i had to quit out of 5 of 7* matches because all my team (of randoms, not TEG) would go buy juice and use it to kill everyone when they came out of spawn; WHEN THE BALL WAS DOWN.

patch is totally right, this game has changed from strategy/combat to just combat, while winning in overtime is just a bonus on the side. i dont know what caused it, but it is true. everyone is running assault/gunner now and using it to slay and thats it. i think 4 of my 7 games were literally 70-80% gunner/assault.

if gamestop didnt jack up their prices, i would probably already have a game or two that i would be playing in place of MNC.

*(i caught whatever jacktrips is passing around, i lagged out of the other two. i would stay away from that guy if you ever want to play on live again...)
  9. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Actually, I'm on east coast and it keeps showing posts from an hour in the future for me.
  10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

you need to set your timezone, the forum doesnt do it for you.
  11. Fuzzy Citrus

Fuzzy Citrus New Member

I've been playing MNC for a while now; in fact I'm still enjoying it. I do agree post patch seems to have brought the TD out of the game a lot more. Though I can't say I'm that surprised. I believe/see doing a 'new' thing is always hard in this day and age. I say this because the population of gamers have grown up with the same/similar game styles. By this I mean how kills tend to be the most important. Hell no matter what some people just rather get kills than actually win =/ So in a way I can't say its Uber's fault entirely.

We are all human. We **** up a lot.
  12. Patch

Patch New Member

slickdeals.net

If you prefer brick & mortar, all games & movies are buy one get one 50% off at Toys "R" Us this week. Target also had some good prices on winter blockbusters, and Best Buy has a few decent games for $10.

Sir got a raging case of internet herpes from the the school nurse's Myspace.
  13. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Framerate is killing MNC.
  14. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I do find that some stupid ideas from these forums made it into the game (I think that at least 50% are either stupid ideas or bullshit that this game doesn't need), but I still enjoy this game very much. The only reason I haven't been on lately is because Steam is having a retarded sale right now and I've picked up about five new games that are whoring all of my attention.

I find that most of the changes in this game are for the better, and I still laugh at the randoms that are trying to spawn camp me when I'm shooting their moneyball.
  15. Organous

Organous Member

You are simply experiencing people playing for kills, not playing to win. I've been in pub-stomps where we deliberately leave turrets up so the bots don't just end the game for us. Were we actually trying to win, we'd be spending far more time in the lobby than actually playing the game. When playing with opponents of similar skill level, it absolutely is based on objective. I just had a private today where things were really tense, the pendulum swinging continuously.

The thing is that games often reach the "endgame" really quickly (and almost always has been) due to one side being more skilled. This endgame is where you simply let the bots do all the work, because you've locked your opponents out of the game. I forget the proper term, but the game is practically over before it actually ends. It's always been this way. I don't like that about the game, but the flavor's enough to keep me interested despite the slippery slope (aka "positive feedback").

The update did not cause this. It is and always has been the true nature of the game. Do not confuse the behavior of pubstompers going for kills with the actual mission gameplay it has. We've just gotten better at using what's here.
  16. Ian

Ian New Member

Also, if anything, I think this is the first time that turrets actually play a role. If the next update un-nerfed Lazers, and nerfed Assassin juice gain, I'd be happy. I actually build turrets now, which I never did before.
  17. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Only thing I hate is juice, especially when an assassin can juice up and rape a base full of level 3 rocket turrets like nothing happened, juice vs fodder and players I can deal with but having your base feel like it was made out of paper takes it a little too far, I even think the gunner mortars are too strong and easy to rape a base with but a lot of people still don't realise how good they are against turrets or just don't bother.

I love MNC even with it's juice faults however, on the PC side of things a lot of servers have the juice buying machines disabled which makes a lot of difference, so does 30 minutes play instead of 20.
  18. chron11

chron11 New Member

Stop playing in pubs and get a team or join privates with better players.
  19. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Your title is right, but your analysis is wrong.

The game has become more slaying-oriented, but that's only because the players have gotten better. In fact, Uber implemented two major changes to make tower defense more viable.

1) The price on rockets was drastically reduced.
    2) Juice was given a timer, which in my opinion (not yours) reduces juice chaining and discourages slaying.

I can see why a support player would be unhappy, but you're just not being honest when you say that the support is a better slayer now. His rate of getting juice from healing was significantly reduced, the recharge time on his air strike was significantly increased, and his juice healing glitch that made him pretty much unstoppable while juiced was fixed. I could see the argument that, because the support was nerfed and he is the primary defensive player, tower defense took a big hit. But you're not making that argument.

My biggest problem with your argument is that it is based on a small sample size. You said you stopped playing the day after the DLC was released. Really? You didn't give the changes much time, did you?
  20. Shammas

Shammas New Member

You'll barely ever get to overtime with a good team.