other game (RTS) to play while waiting?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by commanderdaz, April 15, 2013.

1. commanderdaz

commanderdaz Member

I'm looking for a game to bring back the nostalgic feeling of SupCom and TA while waiting for PA.

The main problem I can't play either I said before is because my PC is pretty low end, so I can't really play SupCom or FA without everyone dropping around me because of latency and then there's TA but I can't bear the pathfinding and don't know where to play online.

So is there anything in between thats cool to play yet not requiring up-to-the-ceiling computer hardware specs/requirements??
  2. Shireknight

Shireknight Member

How about the older C&C games like Command and Conquer and Red Alert or the utterly brilliant game I used to play called Warzone 2100
  3. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

TA Spring, anything on Spring Engine. TA can be pretty sexyfun if you speed it up. If you're having problems with pathfinding, use KBots instead of Tanks.

I wish I could add my own game to this list, but it isn't done yet :C
  4. shandlar

shandlar Member

I played a bit of TA virtual machine in January to get over that first hump of dying to play this game.

I jumped over to AoE II since then. Its not a TA subgenre, but its easily the best spender RTS of all time (in my extremely humble opinion ofc). I may very well have more hours in that game than TA tbh (blasphemy, I know).
  5. commanderdaz

commanderdaz Member

Ok so I'm installing spring TA now, specifically NOTA looks good, hope it plays good as well.
  6. redfang87

redfang87 New Member

Dune 2000 a classic and awesome RTS ive not noticed others mentioning in posts :)
  7. orcaleader

orcaleader New Member

Starcraft 2 :-D
  8. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Company of Heroes
  9. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

You could try dark reign. It was a good game but at the time totally eclipsed by Total Annihilation and Starcraft.
  10. felipec

felipec Active Member

You guys should try a game called Sunage. Awesome RTS game... It first lunch with lots of bugs, so you are going to see some bad reviews of it, but after some patch, the game turned out to be very stable and fun.
  11. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

Warzone 2100 is epic for its research and strategy...lots of fun multiplayer. Pathfinding is a bit gimped in it, but the game is pretty good, particularly if you make your own maps
  12. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Company of Heroes... bah. Men of War had a better engine and more realistic gameplay.
  13. joe4324

joe4324 New Member

Protect the Spice Fields!

14. RCIX

RCIX Member

AI war
  15. blackswimmer

blackswimmer New Member

16. vilheim

vilheim New Member

If you can get over Pathfinding and can't resist the urge, then there is WarZone and PhoenixWorx for playing Total Annihilation online. I'm sure there are others, but last I checked those were the more active ones.
  17. laurenrarity

laurenrarity New Member

Been playing Civ 5 so far.
  18. r1zoTo

r1zoTo Member

Now:
    Red alert 2 MO
    Endless space (best space 4x i've ever played)
    Age of Empires 2 (not HD but Forgotten empires)
    Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War
  19. chirmaya

chirmaya Member

Homeworld! Bestest space RTS game ever!
  20. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

Play every single game mentioned here through its campaign, plus Dawn of War and its expansions (not DoW2 though, that was bad). You should be busy for long enough.