What is appropriate?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by JaneWayne, December 29, 2010.

1. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

:DELETED: copy saved as a reminder, but irritating me so got rid of it. I don't like calling people out when they're rude. I shouldn't stoop so low.
    Last edited: December 29, 2010
  2. NataVonDoom

NataVonDoom New Member

I see no wrong in trolling, because its hilarious.. but personally, I'm lazy, so I'd just report and block. Sorry you happened upon a DB. Thar be a lot of them on xbox live.
  3. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I met plenty of DBs on xbox. Even I can be one. But I'm not saying he popped my cherry in meeting DBs sense. Just that he has been the rudest thus far.
  4. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I'm sure if you just said Merry Christmas he is just trying to get a reaction out of you, If you or your friends and family send him a message he will probably be laughing his guts out.

Just ignore him because he wants you to reply, If you do reply you will get more nasty messages.
  5. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I still haven't listened to his message back. Don't really want to. Deleted the first post. I shouldn't call people out when they're being a jerk. It should have stayed personal. I apologize for bringing such mud into this forum.
  6. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

Nah, we love nothing more than to laugh at rage messages. And honestly, what better way to make you feel better than to get an entire community to laugh at his raging?

I didn't see the original, but I'm assuming he was being a **** because he was some random pub that got mad when you owned him. Correct? If that's the case, just look at anything he says as a rage message. And laugh at his anger.
  7. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

The guy raged at "Merry Christmas". Called me very foul language and made me feel bad all because I try and send nice messages out to friends AND recent players. I didn't mean to rub it in his face or something, I barely remembered the guy, he didn't stand out. :?
  8. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

I think you should post his GT here so whenever any of us spot him in-game
    we can go out of our way to own him & get him to rage again. Failing that
    PM me his GT so I can. There is no excuse for rudeness, especially when it's
    against a fellow forum member. I've only ever seen nice things in your threads
    & replies, so come on guys & gals - let's go & teach some manners.
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

So your solution to rudeness is be rude? Yeah that always ends well.
  10. TankShadows

TankShadows New Member

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
  11. jaysofacton

I didn't say anything about raging back at him.
    Again, I didn't say anything about being rude either, quite the opposite. But he obviously
    upset JaneWayne enough to post about it. On reflection though after rereading my post
    it does sound a little ( a lot ) aggressive. :oops:
  12. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

It's perfectly fine (okay maybe not fiiine) but I don't want anyone attacking him, he probably doesn't need it. If he lashed out at me obviously something else is bothering him and I don't think furthering stress or "harrassment", if you want to call it that, is necessary. He was in a bad mood, probably still is, and I don't want to give out his GT so he can get picked on all because I was upset and made my upsetting public in a post. I should have never posted the topic to begin with.

Tank and Eka both have good points and Jay, I appreciate your willingness to help but attacking the guy or whatever is unecessary. If I ever play another game with him in it again, I might continue playing or I might leave and that's all this brought to the table for me in the end, just a person I want to avoid.
  13. jaysofacton

If I behaved like that in work I would be sacked for bullying.
    If my son did it in school he would be disciplined.
    Yet people seem to think it's fine on XBL.
    But I do now agree with you that avoidance is probably for the best.
    I just have really strong views on bullying - it's only a game for gods sake.
    I just hope you have better messages in the future & that anyone reading
    this realises what they're doing when sending messages.
  14. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

XBL is the internet and people will say stufff they would never say in person here. If I told that guy Merry Christmas in person, I doubt he would have had the marbles to call me a b* to my face like he did so eloquently in his voice message.

If I acted like he did at work, I too would get sacked. His attitude was uncalled for, but me opening up this topic was as well.

Thank you though :) I've recieved messages like this before and sometimes in game because of whatever reason, and I'm sure they'll happen again. But I appreciate the well wishing!
  15. Grec

Grec New Member

16. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

17. Grec

Grec New Member

Lol, if you did that IRL then the North Korean thought police would water board you.
  18. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I remember being in Korea, talking about NK was pretty much taboo. Honestly, as a general statment, I think Koreans fight too much :? Actually what heritage are you? I just know you is an AZN too :p Like I was born in Korea and lived there for a while and still stay in contact with family from there. I probably sound so white and childish through the xbox mic though xDDD
  19. Grec

Grec New Member

I'm Philipeno and Irish. Weird combo I know.

South Korea is awesome.
  20. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

Philipino and Irish... Never thought I'd see that combo. I'm mostly Korean with a bit of Mexican and Welsh, which is odd too xD My brother is Korean/Irish/Scottish, he hates rice and loves potatoes.

I love South Korea, for all it's faults, I still miss it dearly xD