1. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

If you don't have the "cosmic" tier, could you still name planets, or if not, still make them (but how would they be identified if they are not names, such as I wanted my friends to play on a planet that I had made, but they never found it)
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The only thing planet naming affects is a planet's name. the Name along with everything else is procedurally generated. There has been talk about a system where you could savbe planets and/or systems to share them.

Mike
  3. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

How is this generated?
  4. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

In a "hat" that's filled with names, I assume that the game will pick a name out of the hat and assign it to a planet while the game is loading.

Pretty simple really, I imagine it'll be the same way Sins did it.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

6. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

I understand now; minecraft seeds are basically picked out of a hat, too. I guess the name itself will be a string of numbers and letters.
  7. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

Oh, no no no. The planets are procedurally generated, like the worlds in Minecraft. The names are not. What I meant is that the metaphorical hat is full of full names, like "Alpha, Mavor, Veta, Mars, Jupiter" and so on. Planets in a system (at least I think Uber is doing this) will be given a random name out of the pool of names.

So in a one planet system, with my given pool of names, the game may decide to call it Mavor. In a two planet system, the two planets may be called Mavor and Veta. So on and so forth.

This actually makes me wonder, will moons also be given names? In the trailer I think the moon base is called, well, "moon base". I think it would be intuitive to name the moons according to the planet's name and a given number. Like Mavor-1 and Mavor-2.
  8. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

I'm still looking forward to finding 'Core Prime' and 'Empyrrean'.