Dedicated Server Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Lamira, December 28, 2010.

1. Lamira

Lamira New Member

First off i'd like to say i'm loving the game, i'm just having real issues setting up the server and getting people connected, it shows up on the server list but when someone tries to connect it just gives them the error:
    I've opened the right ports after reading allot of threads here already (i think):
    [​IMG]

I've re-installed the game, re-installed steam, tried disabling the firewalls on both the host machine & the router but i can't seem to quite get it right.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate(64), does anyone have any info on this problem or solutions? thanks!
  2. Alienami

Alienami New Member

You need to dock harder. :lol:

In all seriousness, some help would be awesome, we're getting our clan into the game and having our own server is needed.
  3. racquemis

racquemis New Member

you sure thats port forwarding, the screenshot looks more like the setup for a virtual server.

Remove the port 27015 entry, and extend the entry 27020-27039 to 27000-27039
    and try again.
  4. Lamira

Lamira New Member

Still not working, when i do that the server doesn't even show up on the online server list, just LAN (its not set to a LAN game).

Here's the server log just incase it helps..
    When it does actually let people join it hangs on the "Loading" screen.
  5. racquemis

racquemis New Member

because your on the same network as the server it will show it on the lan page, that normal behaviour, the hanging issue is a known issue, multiple people having the same problem.
    think best is to wait for UE to release a improved server application.
  6. do0t

do0t New Member

Mine does not show up on anything but the internet tab, and I'm running the game on the same network as the server. I haven't paid much attention to the text dump, but I'm guessing the OP has a NAT issue with whatever router they use. GL.

7. Lamira

Lamira New Member

I read somewhere it could be an issue with NAT on the router so i removed the router from the equation and now it shows on the list, lets me connect but crashes me to desktop when i finnish loading.
  8. do0t

do0t New Member

You shouldn't need to remove the router. Enable NAT and port forward the required ports. And again, if there are connection issues, remember to reboot your router. Sometimes routers won't instantaneously take the changes you made 20 seconds ago. HTH.