1. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

So, I saw this picture on http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/07/plane ... reenshots/ and saw their guesses. On some of the buildings, they were labelled "tech 1" and "tech 2" (although they were only guesses)

Would tech 1 produce the lighter variants of the units, and tech 2 produce tougher units?

Also I have seen screenshots of large bots, and in the labelled picture, they are smaller. Are there 10 types of bots?

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      447.7 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      341 KB
      Views:
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The larger bots are commanders I believe.
  3. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Commanders.
  4. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

I thought the only commanders were "theta" and "delta" (and I've heard of "alpha", and a few others)

Explain them?

And, can someone explain what is meant between different variants of factories?
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Bot and tank factory's would be a variant between different land factory's.

And during the kick starter one of the payment levels allowed people the chance to get their own commander into the game.
  6. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

Fair enough. Are these some of the official commanders, or someone's own commanders?

What I meant, is the difference between tech 1 and tech 2.
  7. r1zoTo

r1zoTo Member

There are no "tech 1&2 Commanders" There are just Commanders.
    The smaller "commanders" are just Construction Bots.

Neutrino said on my post there are gonna be Tons of commanders with different skeleton types like: Spider commanders etc.
  8. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

You really need to go buy Supreme Commander or TA, or if you don't want to spend the money, download Zero-K. The experience you will have with those games is completely different from the RTS's you seem to have played.
  9. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

Oh, I did not mean "tech of commanders". I meant tech of factory. Plus, with (you say at least) customizable commanders, could each and every commander be unique?

Thank you.
  10. xcupx

xcupx Member

Only if every person who played the game had backed it for 1000 dollars. The custom commanders are only for those people. There will be a set of commanders for everyone to use as well as the commanders for alpha and beta players, and a couple others for different tiers of backing.

The difference between tech 1 and 2 is not established for this game yet, thou in TA the tech 1 stuff was fairly standard stuff while tech 2 was more specialized or tougher.
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Commanders, the TL;DR Version

Current Plan as far as we know, is to have a fairly large selection of commanders, to our knowledge the only difference aside from Visuals are 2 Ability Slots, All Abilities(including those of the 1k Backer Custom Commanders) are pulled from the same Pool of Abilities.

We don't know anything else in terms of specifics yet.

Known Commanders so far;

Progenitor (KS Backer 50$ and Up)
    Alpha (KS Backer 90$ and up)
    Theta (Pre-Orders and KS Backers)
    Delta(KS Backers and Cosmic Pre-Orders)
    Custom Commanders(KS Backer 1000$ and up)

We have glimpsed concept art in some of the live streams, but it's not really conclusive of anything yet.

For those of you with access to the Backer Forum can check out this thread; Commanders and What we know so far.

Mike
  12. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

$1,000 for custom commanders? I'd hope they were invincible for that price.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what commanders I'll get.
  13. xcupx

xcupx Member

They got a lot more than custom commanders, but besides it's not about what you get, it's about funding a game you think will be cool. If they really wanted the crew to succeed they pledged 1k. I wish I had that much money to throw at them but I couldn't afford it. It's about making a good game and their vision presented in the concept trailer looked awesome.
  14. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

also that goes against a fundamental principal that no matter how much money you paid or how many commanders you have, you should have no advantage against a person who has just started playing with the stock game.
  15. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

This argument has happened before.

The $1K backers are getting custom made 3d models and the chance to write their own backstory. Getting pro artists and immortality for $1K is a pretty good deal.

Currently the backers can activate the models on 5 accounts, but that may change down the line.