It's okay to like Gears Of War: Judgement

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by sorewawatashi, March 22, 2013.

1. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

Re: Is GOW:J good?

Execution is technically still in the game. Only Locust Grenadiers in Overrun mode can get downed andd executed.
  2. FireflyJenkins

FireflyJenkins Active Member

Re: Is GOW:J good?

Gee whiz.

All that really matters was smashing in the faceless of emotionless bots. I hate to sound pessimistic and like a trilogy fanboy, but this game is sounding a lot less innovative and more like a regular 3rd person shooter.

I guess Gears 3 was really the end of the trilogy, and they've taken this opportunity to allow for a new audience to jump on. Fair enough.
  3. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

I have to admit it kinda threw me off when they only had 4 multiplayer maps. Even the most generic shooter has at least 10. I guess I can't complain too much. Console MNC only has 5 maps yet I still play it nearly 3 years later.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Well if it means anything Gears:J was developed by People Can Fly which is also the team that did Bulletstorm. It is a new Gears game but at the same time it's the same ole game.

Executions can only happen atm during Overrun mode, which is a Beast mode + Horde More combo sorta like Left 4 Dead, and Campaign. I wasn't really paying attention so I am not sure if they are still unique animation based on weapon.

The mode Execution wasn't added to the game yet. They weren't sure/didn't have it ready in time for release. I'd imagine it had to be overhauled due to the new death system.

Also original, pick-up Hammerburst is the best gun ever! ;)
  5. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

I haven't tried out the Hammerburst yet. How much better is it in this game than it was in the previous games?
  6. DeadStretch

It's been changed since the first game. I believe both Classic and New Hammerburst are in Gears:J. Anyways the classic is a 6 round burst and the new one is a semi-auto rifle.
  7. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

6 round burst? Sounds gdlk.
  8. FireflyJenkins

The 6round burst was atrocious from the first one. It had less power than the Gnub? pistol did. Honestly, I don't think I saw the hammerburst in use once in Gears 1.

If they scaled up the damage and added the burst, it'd probably be a decent weapon.
  9. DeadStretch

What? Hammerburst is, and always was one of the most powerful rifles in the game.
  10. FireflyJenkins

There's only been 2 rifles that occur in every gears game to date, so it's not like it's competing for much.

Regardless, I'm going to assume you played Gears 1 extensively. In such a case, you'd know that the majority of battles were within shotgun range of each other, and the Hammerburst was terrible at close range. If at long range, the player would probably seek a sniper.

In Gears 2, it was an extremely accurate weapon with serious stopping power that could down someone in about 2 seconds with an active clip and a steady finger.

The same for Gears 3, but even more so with a second zoom level, allowing for effective cross map assault rifle damage.
  11. DeadStretch

An update released today that included Execution game mode.
  12. eternalist

eternalist New Member

That's good to hear.

Anyone know if GoW 1 and 2 still have people playing it? I've had to urge to play them lately
  13. thetrollingking

thetrollingking New Member

ITT most people who give their opinion on something that takes a turn in the different directions without actually playing it are usually wrong. Tis the case here, as Judgement is no different in the core factor of the gameplay. I have played all of em, and as DeadStretch's brother said, it's a breath of fresh air.
  14. thetrollingking

thetrollingking New Member

I know a group of people who still play gears 1. I also play gears 2 quite a bit, but most people seem to hate that game, for some obvious reasons (smoke grenade change, shotgun, lag, ect.)
  15. eternalist

eternalist New Member

I remember there being one or two servers up, but that was like a year ago
    so people still play it