Most Overpowerd class (Post DLC)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by An Artic Fox, December 3, 2010.

?

Most Over Powerd Class

1. Assault

95 vote(s)
    39.9%
  2. Assassin

30 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. Support

9 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Tank

10 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sniper

28 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Gunner

15 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. None

51 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

I thought this as well for near 40 levels. When you improve you'll notice that they now drop like flies, particularly if you play Gunner, Tank or Assault.
  2. harpy515

harpy515 New Member

Its not that I don't kill them easily. It's just quite annoying how every other class has to at least be looking at their opponent in order to kill them. Just my thoughts.
  3. Jet Magnum

Jet Magnum New Member

The HH gun's range isn't that large and the shotgun's is for close combat. The only times I get HH kills is while luring people to my firebase or while on juice assuming there aren't turrents to take care of. Most of the time I die even hopping around with the HH gun out, but that may be because of my skills, or lack of them.
  4. mute

mute New Member

Have you only played the game twice or something? The H/H gun takes like five hours to kill you. SHOOT the guy or run away, he's as slow as dirt and falls apart like wet paper. The only character that can't out maneuver the support or dash away is the Gunner, and if the Support is killing you easily with his H/H gun when you're the Gunner you should just go ahead and stop playing.
  5. harpy515

harpy515 New Member

No. Its not that he kills me, its just that that class takes the least amount of skill to aim at and hit an opponent. I never said they killed me easily. Its just that they shouldn't be able to hurt gun somebody that is behind them, as in that they are not facing.
  6. mute

mute New Member

Fixed that for you.
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i felt that it needed to be said that there is obviously more aspects to this game than killing. the assault is balanced out with his lack of weaknesses against pros by him not being able to do much against bots and turrets.
  8. Jet Magnum

Jet Magnum New Member

Something a bit questionable as the grenade launcher does a mighty fine work controlling bots and damaging turrets, not counting things like tossing a bomb on bots or laying it in front of you while taking out a turret, in case someone comes up to repel.
  9. Kangarou

Kangarou New Member

Gunner, Support, and Sniper each have situations where they need to be fixed.

Gunner can Deploy and become a spawn killing machine while it chips away at the moneyball.

A support next to their firebase might as well be a LVL 4.3 rockit turret, and 2 might as well be an effing spiked titanium wall.

And a sniper seems to be a very good killer on Spunky Cola (No other map. That single lane makes it oddly easy to drive everything back to base.)
  10. xX Ript3r Xx

xX Ript3r Xx New Member

Learn to break spawn trap then. Deployed Gunners are so easy to kill. Supports turrets need to be nerfed I agree. Sniper doesn't need to be nerfed by much more or less splash damage by the explosive bullets. Thats his only issue but thats how he should be able to kill bots easily. Pretty much your complaining as he's a long range assassin but takes more skill to get the instant kill
  11. Kangarou

Kangarou New Member

That gunner thing seems to be debatable, so I don't feel like arguing there, sounds like it would end a little stalemate-ey.

On Spunky Cola, I'm actually not referring to the sniper's explosive rounds or long range. It's actually his traps combined with Flak on the bot trail that can destroy another team. I've single-handedly shut down a team of a Gunner, a Tank, a Support and 2 assassins because they feared jumping down to fight me and landing on a trap randomly placed along the heavily treaded/easily obscured floor. My LVL3 Flak destroyed anything around me, and my traps held everyone else still while I lined up a headshot. To be honest I may use a weird Sniper build compared to others (Skill regen, armor, ROF), but that build and this tactic let me rape Spunky Cola, on multiple occasions, one actually being a mid-game comeback from a cooperating enemy team.
  12. zodbones

zodbones New Member

my vote still remains Support on the account his shotgun is ridiculously strong against pros

a support can 2-3 shot anything with his shotgun even tanks and gunners with armor perks, maybe more against tanks depending, and rarely it can 1 shot squishy classes.
  13. Jet Magnum

Jet Magnum New Member

If you get in shotgun range, and the Support blasts it on you, you probably deserve it. Supports drop like flies, even an Assassin has more survivability than a Support.
  14. Kangarou

Kangarou New Member

I can't really agree there.
  15. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I can. I've said the exact same thing multiple times already.
  16. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Tricky statement. You do deserve to get shotguned if he gets in range. He has no gap closing abilities or reliable way to chase lungers.

The support DOES have more health than the assassin if his passive is upgraded to 2 and especially 3.

He has less damage mitigation moves like lunge/smoke/dash/cloak/grapple/fall damage nullifier, bu is also the only class with life leech, so it really depends on what you mean by survivability.
  17. mute

mute New Member

FTW.
  18. GhostRain

GhostRain New Member

I might Say the Assault. He has more options than Batmans utility belt.
  19. Shhmowzoww

Shhmowzoww New Member

Maybe I am just a bad player, but I voted assault since there has been many a time where I have died and said to myself "a tank must be deployed somewhere or sneaked up on me" only to find that I had been mowed down in 2 seconds by a assault from halfway across the map.
  20. Grec

Grec New Member

The tank has the ability to have a ranged blind, two really good weapons for long and short range, a charge, instant health recovery with deploy 2, clutch health upgraded with passive, a jetpack and a huge juice gain. The only reason why people think Assaults are OP is because people are just realizing how to use his agility, you know, high vertical jump, F.L.Y and charge. If those were nerfed because people thinks he's "soooo OP omg takez no skillz" he wouldn't have much.