Most Underpowerd Class (Post DLC)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by An Artic Fox, December 3, 2010.

?

Most Under Powered Class

1. None

56 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. Assault

8 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Assassin

28 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Support

80 vote(s)
    37.7%
  5. Sniper

5 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Tank

24 vote(s)
    11.3%
  7. Gunner

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

What is with the "defensive" Support?

I just don't get it. Seems like a waste to turtle,when one juiced assassin can wipe out your base. I prefer to push. Use the firebase to set up a forward position for team mates to operate from. How can you "support" your team mates while you're hiding in your base?

I must be one of the few support who see themselves as an offensive team mate. Not to say I don't support. MY team mates enjoy an overheal while at the enemy base, not just as they run out of ours.
  2. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Fact: 80% of players that pick Support in MNC and Engineer in TF2 pick those classes because firebases and turrets do all of the work for them.
  3. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I must be in the other 20%. Keep your Ammo Cool, and Sky Master protags don't come from turtling.

I get that. I choose support because he seems to contribute to victory more than most. Smart firebase placement, airtsriking turrets and healing team mates. I just do it on the enemy side of the map. I understand where the "defensive support" label might come from, I just don't like the assumption that, as a Support, you shouldn't leave the base. The main reason I spend the $400 to upgrade my firebase to lvl 3 is to give my slayer team mates a place to fall back to when taking damage. That is, if I'm not already overhealing them.
  4. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

Well said. This is what made the class fun.

I'm wary that we're having the conversation with people who just want to roll over a class that - when played well - previously annoyed them.
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Fact: 73.6% Of All Statistics Are Made Up ;)
  6. zodbones

zodbones New Member

support UP? yeah right! their shotgun still rips through any pro with 2-3 shots and while juiced it takes about 1-2.
    The shotgun NEEDS to do more damage against bots and less against pros.

The weakest I think is the Tank only because it's possible to grab a tank in the middle of his charge.
    I thought it was just me until I did it to a charging tank.
  7. Jet Magnum

Jet Magnum New Member

You obviously have no idea what are you talking about. Tank is in no way underpowered, or weak.
  8. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

If you weaken the Support's shotgun the man can't defend himself or get many kills without his firebase being nearby then. He doesn't have much health so he needs to dispatch his enemies quickly. It's fine. Don't get close to the support. Every other player has mid to long range weapons. Keep your distance when fighting him.

Yes, the tank's charge can be countered, frankly I think it's a good thing. That thing is a one-two punch that is an almost guaranteed kill. Charge 3 + Death blossom. He is far from the weakest.
  9. mute

mute New Member

Someone should make an animation of a Assassin scratching their head looking @ a support from a distance, get closer, say 'durh... whats this... an easy kill?', rush up cloaked, zoom in on the Supports ear as he hears the fool getting close... which puts a big grin on his face... then spins around and blasts the Assassin thats less than 2 inches away with a shotty to the face...then runs off jumping around and giggling like Mario...

Alot of people would incidentally learn from such a video as they are laughing.
  10. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

Lol wut.
  11. mute

mute New Member

[​IMG]
  12. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I'm betting this guy just got through getting peppered while cloaking his way around, assuming Supports are easy targets. Less damage against pros? Even with the gold RoF endorsement most pros have time to charge, jump, fly sprint, slam, etc before I can get enough shots off to finish them. If you get smoked by a Support's shotgun, it's cuz he GOT you. He HAS to be up close without the benefit of a cloak, sprint, dash or charge. You want to make it even more difficult for the worst combat class to do combat?

Maybe you're doing it wrong.
  13. kamakun

kamakun New Member

If you're a Support and running around Shotgunning everyone, you're doing it wrong. Obviously now he is less reliant a 1HK weapon and more on Supporting the team.
  14. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

So, im not allowed to defend myself? Why the #### do you think they gave him a shotgun? I can say that. Ask anyone I play with, I heal the hell out of my team mates. I also find plenty of situations where I gotta put someone down with the shotty. Does that make me a bad support?

Tell you what kamakun, if I see you out there, i'll show you how its done.
  15. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

assassin, cause you can shoot through juice armour easily. a lunge back grapple can kill one if the assassin isnt wearing armour, and the support shotty rapes juiced assassins like they were nothing.
  16. kamakun

kamakun New Member

You can certainly defend yourself. You can't necessarily offend against anyone else. Staying in your base and defending your Moneyball is a perfectly fine strategy. If you know what you're doing, people won't be that far away. Besides, I'm playing right now and Supports are shotgunning me perfectly fine. In fact, lag seems to support them.

Is your GT Immortal303? I'll look out for you tonight.
  17. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Gt: immortal303
  18. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

voted none... but...

its hard to get money and juice as a support

i think money is more of a problem than juice

but besides that its good
  19. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I can usually make a lot of money as a support. Depends on firebase placement for me. In pubs, i'll usually be #1 or 2 in earnings for my team, regardless of kills. Most of if comes from bot kills. I destroy a lot of turrets, and pick up dropped coins. I see a lot of players bypassing money, juice, and churros from bot kills. That stuff adds up.
  20. F5in

F5in New Member

I voted Support. I've been playing him less and less because it's harder to carry a team with him than it is with other classes. Seriously he can't even push unless he has juice or his teammates are pushing with him (so basically... he can't push. he HAS to rely on his teammates)

At least with the old airstrikes you could kill people are scare them away for just long enough to get a hacked FB SOMEWHERE offensive and keep defending it.