Dear Uber, please stop making me host.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Pothocket, December 27, 2010.

1. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

I don't know what kind of code Uber is using for their host migration but it makes me host all the time. ALL the time. And I am the last person that should be host. I have a good connection that is plagued by varying degrees of lag at any given time. Works fine for me, not so much trying to host a room full of people.

It happens so often I can tell right away when it makes me host (which is about 90% of the time) so I have to wait for everyone to get back in the game before I get to leave and wait to rejoin my friends.

So, Uber, please stop making me host. Put in a line of code with the next patch that does an if/and check for my gamertag (Pothocket) so it knows to ignore me during host migration. Thank you.
  2. PsiDebby

PsiDebby New Member

Yeah... They won't do this...
    Why? Because this request is for a lack of better terms... Dumb.
  3. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

4. x 2TurnTableS x

x 2TurnTableS x New Member

yeah, pretty sure he wasn't serious about that.
  5. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Glad the game has never given me host. 3 Gapshots would probably give everyone's xbox the RROD.
  6. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Lolz
  7. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

About every game i join with Pothocket he is awarded host and he doesn't have a good host for this game. He joins the game not as host and after the match becomes host.

It's like some sort of weird bug... He is serious about the host thing but for the code removal of the host they should just make an option to CREATE a game and Search for a Custom game. Castle crashers even has this option
  8. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

See, this isn't a joke. I really do get host ALOT and it NEVER works out for anyone involved.
  9. thoraxe5000

thoraxe5000 New Member

I have the exact same problem. Nearly every single time the host leaves the game gives me host and my connection can't support anyone other than me so whoever didn't get kicked out of the match will have to suffer with some of the worst lag they will ever experience.
  10. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

This happens to me alot too. While I don't know how bad it is for other people (I've always had a decent host but had to downgrade to save money recently) if I get host, I'm going to snipe. Just because I like when headshots actually count.
  11. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

How can you even tell when you host? And you can't claim it's being the top name in lobby because I have three xboxes on simultaneously in the same room and the top player will be different on each one :roll: Also, my connection is (oddly) always the best in the room and yet I'm practically the furthest from the modem. I need this explained in lame-man's terms guys.
  12. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

You can tell someone is usually host by killing a person then they are gone from the game and you see HOST MIGRATION or the host just quits and no one ever gets to migrate.

Happens alot when people are about to lose or lag issues.

There is no possible way to tell in game unless a player has been sticking around and other players keep leaving.