Thank you for the tech talk

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by bloedhren, March 23, 2013.

1. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

I for one would love them to bring other people from across the team to speak on the livestreams.

The flow field talk was immensely interesting and seeing the planet generation in early days is awesome.

I enjoyed the recent stream about the music too.

So please please bring us more tech and dev talk, Uber!

I'd love to see more about the art and design but with the Kickstarter video and the whiteboxes I dunno what else you can show us really without giving everything away.

Animation would be a good topic too, but I think specifically, show us where you're pushing forward with new techs for RTS games and gaming generally.
    Last edited: March 23, 2013
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

We will probably do something on animation soon.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yessssssss, I've been interested in learning more about this since you talked about the potential for doing tank recoil type stuff!

Mike
  4. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Although the tech talk about flowfields was definitely not my area of expertise, I think you explained it very well to give me and many others a very good impression and idea what this is all about and kinda how it works. I won't claim I understood everything 100% but I definitely understood enough and I think it is very interesting and fascinating.

Thank you a lot, cannot wait to see more. :)
  5. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

Excellent :)

I was quite enamoured with the way the Delta Commander's guns extend and such :)
  6. zurginator

zurginator Member

I think a good way of handling the tech/non-tech streams (if they happen) would be to have the tech stream backer-only. It's the backers who are probably more interested in this stuff, and it would allow you to discuss possibilities without revealing anything unintended to the general public (Eg: Not having to censor things like the "megabot" comment).
  7. xfercns

xfercns New Member

That was an awesome show. Thanks Uber :)
  8. baetylus

baetylus New Member

Please keep the tech-talks, even if you have to ignore the questions from the live feed.
    Even a little tech and demo is better than none at all.

I work in a different tech field (hardware) and so have no idea what is going on under the software hood. I am a games programming tourist. Meaning I can visit your world and listen to the tour guide to get an idea of what your world is like.

A little extra depth is great- it just washes over me and let's me know this is the real deal, but it sure seems useful to a core group of fans who probably don't get much service like this from anywhere else.

Thanks PA team.
  9. zehdon

zehdon New Member

I'd like it if the tech stuff could continue to be a part of the live streams.
    I could be wrong here, but anyone who's watching them this early in the development process is either interested in all the behind-the-scenes stuff, or clicked on the wrong link.

It's really nice, I think, to see everything as the game comes together from all the aspects of development. It's the level of transparency I wish other developers had, frankly.
  10. zenomaddog

zenomaddog Member

All I can say is....

+1
  11. ironjawthestrong

ironjawthestrong Member

+1!
  12. parge

parge Member

I loved the tech side of this, and to be honest, it was very easy to understand.

Please do more of the same, and don't be put off by a few dumb questions!
  13. ghettocricketfighter

ghettocricketfighter New Member

14. brettc208

brettc208 New Member

Thanks for doing the Live Streams.

My favorite part of your updates is to see what you have been working on and how it has improved. I like to see your side of the development process. I like it that you bring on your developers to explain what they have been working on. Please don’t stop doing what you have been doing. I don’t care if your program crashes 15 – 20 times. I don’t care if it’s full of bugs. I don’t care if it looks bad. I know it’s hard to show unfinished work into the public but that’s what I like to see and I know you will fix it. Thanks for all your work that you do.

BrettC208
  15. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

The nerd talk will continue.
  16. freemangl

freemangl Member

I love tech! more more more please!
  17. lynxnz

lynxnz Member

yes! /skypunch
  18. AusSkiller

AusSkiller Member