Custom pubs= mod/hack/cheating?? whats your take?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by feedle, March 22, 2013.

1. feedle

feedle Post Master General

Recently today had a person complaining about a custom lobby and called out the host as a modder/cheater/hacker. Oddly enough this wasnt me but a friend who hosted it.

I tried to explain to the person this isnt a mod/hack but rather host migration through a private match lobby. In fact some people end up being host by accident from joining sessions from a private match.

What is everyone take on public custom matches here?

How is it cheating when its no different then playing a team fortress 2 public match?

Was this intended to be in the game at one point?
  2. joker

joker Active Member

If the playing field is the same for everyone, which is true in the case of custom lobbies, then no it's not cheating. It's not modding either

Glitching? Depends on your take of the term. Manually manipulating an in game bug of some sort to turn a public lobby into a custom match. It is definitely not modding and definitely not cheating. I personally think its fun and different. My personal favorite is five assassins and one tank restriction. All supports is a classic favorite as well. No assassins no support is fun too, forcing everyone to play a real class
  3. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Modding? No. Exploiting? Yes. And no, not everyone is on the same field. Some folks don't have certain classes built and are left with defaults while others have builds. Also, they can't invite friends while host is free to. And it is unreasonable to think certain people are on equal footing when not allowed to guzzle juice. I don't mind custom pubs and host them occasionally - but I can see the complaint as valid.
  4. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

One time I hosted a Custom Pub by mistake. I pressed Y and made myself a sandwich. Deli turkey and swiss, extra mayo.

I proceeded to eat the sandwich while rapidly pressing Y. Then when the timer got to 2, I just switched to Netflix.

Good times, noodle salad.
  5. feedle

Right.... most of us know this is not a hack or a mod but the newer players think so. It's impossible to tell a person that anyone can do this and it's not a hack. Their complaint was you changed it so we can't play our favourite class and we are joined into this game/lobby when we dont want this. The lobby was set on all no bot buying, no juice buying, no hazards, no bullseye, random map, all support.

Pros to custom pubs:
    No wait time
    No people quiting out because of waiting
    Matchmaking gets split up... (party of 8 gets split into 4-6 v 4-6)
    No teams of 3 assaults and 2 gunners 1 support buying juice non stop
    You learn each class and how to play as a team
    One class wonders who live on juice can't play very well

Cons to custom pubs:
    Benefits the host to their liking
    You can't play certain classes you suffer
    You have to adjust to the rules each time
    People stick around more or will quit right away
  6. feedle

Lol did you get any hate mail?
    I think just staying in the y menu alone would be funny for a few hours..
  7. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

Wouldn't mind playing them on the rare occasion, but I like normal Crossfire enough to where I usually want to just play that.
  8. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

hahaha jon i love you man