Unit Restrictions on planets due to enviroment

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zeus9999, March 22, 2013.

?

Restrict some units?

1. Get your bicycle chains cause we got some locking to do!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. LOCK THOSE AIR UNITS YEAH

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. well go ahead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no way bro i want full terrain

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

First of all i searched for all related words found nothing so this is new.

My idea: since sometimes our vehicles cant go in some places, right? well that must apply to PA units too, right? well this adds restrictions on some planets like what if the atmosphere was really thick it could maybe slow air or artillery objects, or even prevent some units from attacking you.

Post any additional ideas or if you hate this idea.. well ok
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I'm not going to build naval factories on desert planets.

I'm not that dumb, and I don't think anybody playing is either. I don't need the game holding my hand for me this time.
  3. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Desert worlds, airless moons, landless oceans. That's a start.

To get into more detail, we'd first have to know what adaptations units have for their environment. A world without the appropriate environment is obviously not going to favor the units optimized for it.
  4. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

that is not what i mean-ish like of course desert planets no naval i mean like a thick gas that lowers vision and disables flight. a air-less moon wouldn't change anything. i mean anomalies that would disable certain things not whole unit types
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

wut?
  6. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

by thick gas i mean like a fog that even with sensors you cant see as far, and aircraft get jammed up by the gas. also a air-less moon would not disable flight because if you can travel interstellarly then you can for sure fly in no air
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

A gas that can jam planes sounds more like a sand storm or a cloud of volcanic ash, neither of which are gas's but are more airborne particles.

And you do know how jet engines, propellers and wings work right? Moving in space requires a rocket, not something tat requires a air intake or air to provide lift.

A gas less moon would have no air to provide for wings or jet engines or propellers, and so no aircraft, unless you intend to have rocket planes.
  8. godde

godde Well-Known Member

9. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

thank you godde because im saying why would they use propellors? or even wings for that matter, when you can travel sub-space you should be able to fly through a air-less moon
    (and yes i have been referring to space flight this entire time). and actually some gasses can mess with sensor arrays, also maybe some anomaly causes even space flight to function at a very low level (such as a strong transport only). also this game doesn't have to be realistic because its a galaxy, we don't know everything yet. in fact we havent even sent a man to mars yet. so these idea's could be possible true
  10. godde

godde Well-Known Member

I think there should be air units with regular flight that require an atmosphere to use while there also should exist units capable of space flight.
    Not all air units should be capable of space flight. Not all space ships should be effective in an atmosphere where air planes might be better suited.
  11. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well yeah i dont want everything flying into space and im guessing the developers dont either