MNC, Super MNC and what happened to Xbox version

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, March 19, 2013.

1. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Just admit Uber hasn't cared about this community in over two years. Your company made a couple community members moderators and split, that was it. Cya later! Excuse me if I don't feel pity for the company who strung us on, pushed us over, and ultimately ignored us.

Why even bother making a thread trying to explain the situation? Does it really matter at this point? It hasn't in two years.
  2. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

Which XBL Indie Game? DigCraft? Total Miner? Mine Exlorer? Blocks and Shovels: The Game?
    How about this masterpiece? :lol:
  3. IncredibleBran

IncredibleBran Member

Sad to say, I have that indie game, the volcanic preset massage is the best
  4. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Dead Pixels. It's actually really good. Could use some polishing but the core play is solid.
  5. feedle

feedle Post Master General

Correct.... cthulu saves the world, A game with zombies, dead pixels, etc...
    Theres alot of great talent in those games and you can't beat the price..
    most are 80-240 ms points and also on steam.

The thing is you can't play them offline.. they need live service to make them work.
    So when xbox live gets cut like they did with the original xbox everything you purchased is gone. Unless there is a way around it when it does happen.
  6. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

7. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

!!!
  8. feedle

9. lntcdarkward

lntcdarkward New Member

Just wondering, as I have not been following the forum/MNC community steadfastly: could you post a link to Uber leading us on?
  10. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
  11. igotbannedagain

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8691

This thread was created and in active discussion for 5 1/2 months and remained a sticky topic in this forum for another month after SMNC's announcement.

Edit: It has become known that this topic --created by a developer -- was in active discussion WELL after Uber had decided to move on.
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Wrong. We were still having discussions about MNC and SMNC for Xbox after we started working on SMNC.
  13. igotbannedagain

Uh, no. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the statement I made.

Don't misunderstand me, I hold no resentments about the fate of Monday Night Combat; I was merely answering a question posed by another member.

You need to get a kickstarter going to hire a PR spokesman though.

F'real.
  14. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Do your own research on the dev's post history from years ago. We were promised 3 DLCs. They packed up and offered no response until LONG after the community already knew why they don't come around here anymore. It sure could've spared the "OMG WHERE IS DLC THIS NEEDS FIXED" threads.
  15. joker

joker Active Member

The wishlist forum was closed by ekanaut in October of 2011 calling us trolls because we just kept making fun of the fact we weren't getting promised updates. SMNC was released in April 2012. There was no official announcement made to the public during the close of, or anytime near after, the wishlist forum section. We only heard through volunteer mods sometime after that Microsoft was making it hard for uber. If it weren't for Deadstretch who knows how long we could have been kept completely in the dark for

I'm with the community on this one. A compelling tale of Uber's struggles doesn't resolve the fact they handled the PR with the community terribly. Especially if they come back into the thread acting like they did nothing wrong
  16. joker

joker Active Member

Starting to work on SMNC and announcing SMNC is not the same thing. Nothing wrong with Jon's statement

I think the best part in all this was that all we really wanted was the ability to SWITCH TEAMS DAMMIT!!!
  17. feedle

I dont see any point asking for a future of this game when two companies don't want to deal with each other.

Also the next gen systems are on their way...
  18. joker

joker Active Member

I agree. I just don't like how they portray themselves as every step in the process of dealing with the public correct and just
  19. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Chickey Cantor sucks!!!
  20. bsbsbsbs

bsbsbsbs New Member

Dont forget uber said an engine overhaul/update was needed to implement the other 2 dlc because they even said it was only built to support 1 dlc release. unless that was all a lie to keep us onboard and doing promo for them? we got lied to and manipulated regardless of the situation with microsoft.

and lets not even start on the attitude of some of the uber employees when called out on the situation.