Missiles Fetish...share your idea's!

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by kent4ro, March 16, 2013.

?

Do you like rocket warfare in general?

1. 1.yes

112 vote(s)
    86.2%
  2. 2.no

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. 3.what?

11 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. ChillAAA

ChillAAA Member

Homeworld Missile ships FTW....
  2. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Assuming the rendering engine can handle it, it'd be kinda cool to see like a missile boat doing missile spam like in anime.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxnC6jkJyEM

You know, kinda like BattleTech with mechs carrying a 2x LRM15 launchers.
    [​IMG]
  3. chrishaldor

chrishaldor Member

Just trying to think how missiles could be improved from Supreme commander's system
    ...Not that it would be difficult

The missiles in that were always more of an annoyance that anything else, they had pretty extreme range and here was really no way to know if one was coming unless you scouted the launcher, and as soon as you did you had to spam TMD around everything you didn't want 1-shotted, and even then TMD was a bit pants at the best of times

That and the previously pointed out smaller-explosion-than-missile problem, that the missiles just weren't awesome

I'd say a much cooler look would be smaller missiles that are fired in swarms, that don't do as much damage, but are fairly cheap...

In the end, missiles are just more accurate versions of artillery that you have to manually build and launch, and can potentially be shot down by TMD... so it's hard to say what their exact function is
  4. damokles

damokles New Member

I totally agree that PA must have missiles, be it like MLRS or multi-tiered missiles that split into smaller ones to engage the target.
  5. CrixOMix

CrixOMix Member

Missiles are cool.

We all are pretty much agreed there.

There's so many kinds! I'm imagining a robot that has vertical launchers that just launches SWARMS of smaller missiles into the air, which then auto target enemies around them.

Then there's direct fire type missiles, good against aircraft or faster moving bots.

Then there's more arc type missiles, doing big damage and moving more slowly to carry their large payloads.....

Yes. We must have missiles in PA. Of all kinds.
  6. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

As much as everyone under the sun loves missile swarms for their sheer awesomeness its important to remember battlefield readability in requests and missile swarms are in direct opposition to that, especially if you have swarms of swarms...

we must have moderation in our missile swarms... *tear*
  7. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

missile swarm fan here

also hoping for orbital defence platforms that are basically orbital clusters of swarm missils waiting to mob any trespasser
  8. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Yeah. Moderation sucks. :x

Unless we put it on the Megabots.... :twisted:
  9. Morsealworth

Morsealworth Member

For direct fire missiles are too expensive to build compared to the effect. Expensive, of course, in terms of time, assuming that the rocket platform builds its own rockets and not returning to other platform for its payload. There is also a system implemented in Earth 2160 for Eurasian Dynasties - a rocket with ammo flying from ammo center to the unit, recharging it. That would be AWESOME. And would add a little bit of logistic making interplanetary assault slightly more difficult and interesting (if used with not ALL of the units, of course. We don't want to be unable to siege enemy planets with heavy defences without having to go EXTERMINATUS, it should be out own choice to do that.).

UPD. With this as a generator of ammo rockets it would work great.
    Last edited: March 22, 2013
  10. skynet464

skynet464 New Member

Cyclonic torpedoes

[​IMG]

nough said
  11. insanityoo

insanityoo Member

Not understanding this. Why do we need readability? Unless we're talking nukes, they'd show up on the map like any other projectile.
  12. Loegi

Loegi Member

I ****ing love missiles. Especially smaller ones in groups that go all criss cross and stuff. Obviously nukes and other big missiles with big explosions are fun too, but I like a cloud of missiles more.

If this is in any way conceivable or practical, I don't know. I just know that I would love it if I could fire a ton of missiles at once.
  13. yellowdisciple

yellowdisciple New Member

It's the future. I want to see antimatter warheads not those puny nukes pffff....
    But I guess Uber already has a mechanic planned for destroying whole planets *sniff*

Yellow
  14. antillie

antillie Member

I want to see air to air combat that makes me think I am watching Macross. :p

Tactical missiles and nukes like what we saw in TA and SupCom are cool too.
  15. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

I want a 'beehive' for missiles to swarm around at attack enemies from. Then again, i might program an engine just to do that for myself if there are no Macross Missile Massacres in the game.
  16. ToastAndEggs

ToastAndEggs Member

How about orbital missiles?

Say a missile is launched into orbit, and it stays there as a "mine" until the enemy launches a rocket to leave the planet, if that rocket is in the area you set the orbital rocket it will trigger and move to intercept.

This would be an expensive unit and it would take 4-5 to destroy a T1 rocket and maybe 10-11 to destroy a T2 rocket, but it could act as a possible defense against the enemy rushing orbital bombardment.

[​IMG]