Black/blue explosions in Crossfire

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Col_Jessep, December 23, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Hi Uber!

Sometimes I get black/blueish explosions in Crossfire. I noticed this when I kill BlackJacks on AmmoMule with my Minigun. It happens frequently but not always I think.

Same thing happened with a damaged ShaveIce on Spnky Cola too. It was one of ours and sparking. Then it flashed in black and blue.

Sorry, no screenshots yet, it only lasts for split-seconds and I have missed the chance to make a screeny so far.

Graphic card is a ATI 5770, newest drivers, not overclocked, all settings highest, no fiddeling with inis. OS: Win 7 64.

PS: Finally a screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: December 29, 2010
  2. racquemis

racquemis New Member

i noticed it, i minyl happens if the particle effect is half out of view, it will turn black.
    ATI HD5870, same GFx line as you.
  3. podwhacker

podwhacker New Member

Same, 5870. Bit like a missing texture?
  4. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

Yeah I get these too sadly, ATI 5670.

I also get these blue & black "sparks" when the moneyball blows up at the end, sometimes when the cash falls down also.
  5. Col_Jessep

Thanks guys! Seems to be related to our 5xxx series.
  6. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

So prepare to be dissapointed when I say I've got a HD6850, and it still happens to me.

So what we're really looking for is "Any decent ATI card".
  7. Col_Jessep

Thanks! The more data the better!
  8. kurina

kurina Member

Just wanted to toss out there that I am also playing with a Radeon 5870, and I occasionally get the same problems. Less noticeable lately, but still randomly occurs.
  9. HyPerRifiC

HyPerRifiC New Member

And i'm sad to report this certain glitch is appearing on the 6970, seems to be a problem with alpha on particles from what i can see.
  10. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter New Member

I notice this primarily when I try to set the graphics options higher than the default settings (Radeon 5850). Doesn't seem to happen at default settings, however.

If I had to guess I'd say there were some missing shaders/art assets at the higher detail levels for some reason.
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

so this means MNC favors nvidia cards? :(
  12. Alienami

Alienami New Member

ATi 5870, I get this sometimes also.
  13. vocab

vocab New Member

Bump. 5850 user here, and my friend is also a 5850 user. We get the same problem. The OP picture is a perfect example. I have seen other stuff aside from explosions turning black as well.
  14. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I have the same problem, with a 7800GT (don't judge). In addition, the sky texture, i.e. what you're supposed to see behind the stands and around the arena, is always black.