The bowl.

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by syox, March 20, 2013.

1. syox

syox Member

Another idea for a symbiotic experimental.

The Bowl. A giant bot that has a giant bowl on his back in which filled up with ocean one or more Battleships can be transported.
  2. megrubergusta

megrubergusta New Member

It would be easier to dock the ships directly onto a bot, wouldn't it? For example, just legs with a special area on them, where ships are put on.
  3. syox

syox Member

Yeah but how lame would that be.
    Picture video:
    -a fleet on the shore
    -suddently parts of the ocean moving upwards
    -battleships on top...

Well your suggestion is also nice. :lol:
  4. movra

movra Member

I love it!

[​IMG]

If this doesn't make it in the base game, which I can't imagine by the way, we'll just mod it in ;)
  5. syox

syox Member

The water in the bowl could be also used to flush stuff away. F.i. a opoonent army that pollutes your base.
  6. megrubergusta

megrubergusta New Member

Imagine to release the water at the top of a mountain, washing every piece of the enemy army away. Sounds fun.
  7. CrixOMix

CrixOMix Member

Can't tell if serious suggestion... Or outlandish joke....

Either way it's a ridiculous suggestion. I think it could be COOL. But it's still ridiculous. A giant walking bowl to hold a ship? lol. It should definitely be like a goldfish tank.

I like the idea as a joke, but you can bet they're not going to put design time into something like that which doesn't really seem to be useful... The whole idea of ships is to be a naval unit. If you can make naval units land units, why are they naval in the first place?
  8. FunkOff

FunkOff Member

Utterly absurd idea: It would make more sense to put the cannons on XP or legs on the battleship.

Also I doubt the engine will be capable of handling moving fluids and certainly not moving fluid containers.
  9. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

While it isn't as awesome as a gigantic flying cereal bowl, how about laser beams that move water?

I know that fluid physics won't be implemented, but still.

We'll just take the lava, and PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!
  10. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

./joke
  11. Nelec

Nelec Member

Haha, I can imagine a giant army of robots just being flushed away by a giant toilet experimental xD
  12. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Any word yet on if asteroids cause tsunami`s ? because that could be an interesting effect of smaller "lower damage" asteroids.

You could have several sizes of heavenly bodies that can be weaponized and thrown at planets, each with different amounts of thrusters needed and varying damaging effects.

Small asteroid: impacts with an energy higher than a nuke, but not that much, when impacting ocean causes nice flood that might wash away smaller units but doesn`t really damage buildings.
    Medium asteroid : impact causes bigger damaged area, if targeting ocean can cause fun tsunami that heavily damages buildings.
    Large asteroid: a third or half your planet is now lavafied from impacts energy, the other half might still be usable but suffer tectonic instability, maybe earthquakes and giant canyons form.
    Moon: your planet is now 100% lava, try not to touch the floor.

I also want to be able to fling those things at each other, not just at planets, you could have one roid intercept another one of equal mass and then they annihilate each other.

Anyone think these are fun and doable ideas ?
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I can remember that one of the statements I read during the KS said something like: no advanced fluid dynamics => no tsunamis.