Skins/Models (TrackMania-like)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by puga1999, March 18, 2013.

?

Skins/Models?

1. Cannot imagine the way it'll work...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. YesYesYesYupYay!!!

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Yes, but only local.

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Yup, but only skins.

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. No, never!!!

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. puga1999

puga1999 New Member

What about using locatable skins/models, so you can make all the robots into insects but still have the same faction as everybody else? And everybody else who ticks the option will automatically download and see your insect army? Like it worked in TM/SM/will work in QM. There is just one problem - scale. It was visible in TM that when you had a one-wheel car model imported you had a slightly different ride than anybody else, but that could be solved. And also the quantity problem... I don't think many modders'll have enough patience to make skins/models for the whole bunch of PA units...

Thanks for reading,
    puga1999
    Last edited: March 20, 2013
  2. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

I voted no, never. But I would make a an exception for local skins.
    But the least thing I want is to play against "unknown/always changing" units.
  3. larsethearse

larsethearse Member

Voted no.

Though the idea may sound like fun, it would cause too much confusion and abuse.
    I can imagine some brilliant guy dressing up every unit they have to look like the commander. Or perhaps armies of hovering black and purple checkered boxes, pixel sized battleships and slendermen bots that all lack animations.

There would have to be some sort of official quality check.
  4. syox

syox Member

I am ok with texture packz but only for your client not with automatically forced download.
  5. puga1999

puga1999 New Member

Yup, I wrote it up there
    ... so I meant not everybody but just the ones who ticked! Did you even read it?
    Yup, agree with you... this problem didn't actually come up in my mind, thanks!
    P.S.: Plz revote, changed the poll
  6. syox

syox Member

After all it could achieve beautiful stuff in minecraft, though PA wont start with 16bit like stuff, i hop. :geek: