Rustys House of pain servers feedback

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by dustoff, December 22, 2010.

1. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Ok guys anyone playing on my two servers please anyfeed back as to server performance.There are a lot of things that cant be changed right now so I am just trying to get feedback on the server performance .

Rustyhouse(dedicated). Located in a Dallas Texas data Center .
    Rustyshouse2(dedicated).Located in a Chicago Ill data center.

Both have a strong INTERNET connection (100mb and 1000mb )and running quad-core servers . If these two perform well I will allocate server resources for a few more servers.

One of the main reason I asked is so that I might tweak the servers resources etc. Also I have a hard time joining my own two servers.
  2. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

I'll try joining them then regardless of player count and give you my results.

Saved for posting results.
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

My server browser shows good pings to one of them, presumably Dallas. It's always full though, so I don't think I've ever joined..
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

i noticed that the "Max" field on the server browser is just blank for these servers.. and I have yet to see an open slot on either one. Maybe the max is accidentally set to 0?
  5. rustyangel

rustyangel New Member

Awesome Servers, great pings, even the one in Dallas, and i'm in Ohio.

I was playing on one, Chicago i believe, and had like, no lag. Thank you so much
    for putting them up. A couple things tho, could you increase the round time,
    15 mins may be ok for xbox games, but i've noticed that the majority of PC games
    end in OT. And secondly, could you put some class restrictions on your servers? i
    got in to one and had like 4 assassins on it, and the team was loosing, i wonder why :lol:

And one final note, i came across a speed hacker named MagicOnline, like i said, i believe
    it was the chicago server.

Thanks again for putting these up :3
  6. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Ah, so YOU'RE the one who put up those servers.

Let me tell you, they are the only server I can connect to. Ya did good, not a single second of lag, even at 81 ping.
  7. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Now that we can adjust these things I will change them around a bit in the middle of the night when the server empties out.
    Thanks they both are in great data centers with good connections. the dallas server has the best connection but the Chicago server is the bigger box.
    Not a lot running on them right now just a few TF2 servers and some PVKii servers.
  8. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Got on them today, the chicago one was defently very good, connected fast, no lag what-so-ever, But left after a few games as it was pretty much shut outs all day long. So yes, working extremely well and happy to have such floating around.
  9. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Played a few matches on one of those two today, and I didn't get disconnected once, plus the lag was not too bad (i'm from France), so yeah... So good so far :D
  10. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

I just have to say, I was creaming him for quite a bit when he was a sniper, so he's not too hard to deal with, which would invalidate the use of aimbots. And if he's actually aiming, then I don't see why he would speed hack. Besides, if there is any speed hacking, then I can't see the difference between that and just plain old jittery lost packet lag (teleporting, as opposed to simply moving slowly)

If I was to say anyone was hacking off the top of my head, I'd say it was a particular assassin fan (unfortunately a headache has made me forget the name) he kept phasing right through practically everything, juicing and slaughtering everything. I recall this happened to me once as well, when the connection got so bad in a certain way, my tank was granted invulnerability from lag but could still deal damage.
  11. rustyangel

rustyangel New Member

He was running around incredibly fast as both an assault then later a gunner, it might have been lag, but it was consistent for him the entire match, and it was on the house of pain server which, so far, no one seems to have had any real connection problems with, so it raised my suspicions.
  12. kankle

kankle New Member

The Dallas server is my 2nd most played behind the BoNK guy's server. Good players, no griefers, no lag.

If you guys had a public Vent or Mumble we could use that would be an awesome way to grow the MNC community.

Thanks for hosting and hope to see you online
  13. dustoff

dustoff New Member

I can throw up a public Teamspeak 3 much easier if needed.
  14. Woyzeck

Woyzeck New Member

That'd be great. It'd help, not only for contacting server administrators and the like for support but it'd also be nice if there was some voice communication going on in the game. It's simply too fast paced for players type everything out, and by the time you submit your message, it's too late for whatever it is you needed done.
  15. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Ok teamspeak 3 server is up and running at 72.249.124.130.

Have not had much time to set it up but users can make thier own temp chan .

I will take request from server owners to make a perm-room for them with chan admin rights

I can also always be reach via my website (which is under heavy construction) I have a live support button on the right side of the page. If I am in front of my computer it will show on line and people can start a chat.

and yes the website is VERY basic as I said its under major construction but hope to have most of it finished by newyears

http://www.rustyshouseofpain.us
  16. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

Can you say how much traffic one server has per day?
  17. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Just got my first disconnect from RHOP1. Not sure if it was an actual disconnect or if I was kicked out. My steam name is wubbles incase there's logs of any sort.
  18. Terror

Terror New Member

Played a few games on one of your servers and didnt notice much lag. I'm from europe