Monday Night Combat BETA Official Issue/Bug/Support

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by XShadowStormX, December 16, 2010.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Most of our Dev machines are Win7 64 and they work. Is it crashing on launch?
  2. Lemming

Lemming New Member

Got to say I'm running Win7 x64 and I'm not usually getting a crash on launch (plenty of other places, but not at launch)
  3. Zajajajaja

Zajajajaja New Member

Just did a quick search of the thread to see if this problem showed up, but for some reason I can launch the game, join a game, choose a class and even start playing but shortly thereafter my game crashes to a C++ runtime error.
    I'm going to try some steps to fix it but has anyone else had this error?
  4. Compact

Compact New Member

I have a startup issue.I can't even launch a game without a crash.I can see the pre-load image,then my screen goes black and after 2-3 seconds I get an "mnc.exe has stopped working" error.
  5. Stylus

Stylus New Member

Yes it is crashing on launch ive done everything to fix it hat i can do. I launch it from steam and then i see the preparing to launch and then nothing.. it crashes.
    Ive reinstalled, run as admin, re start steam, reboot, run in win xp sp2, launched mnc.exe as admin. Nothing works..
  6. ICB

ICB New Member

Thank you for the 7.1 sound support, works perfectly now :D
  7. billbasilis

billbasilis New Member

hi guys i have problem i go in multiplayer select servers the game start and after few seconds the game freeze but only the game the player is moving i tried to reinstall the game and install again but the same problem i go on steam and press verify integrity of game cache and same problem agen any help plz me pc my pc spects is
    AMD phenom 9600 quad-core ATI radeon hd 5870 4G ram DDR3 windows xp sp3

sori for my but English
    Last edited: December 25, 2010
  8. aldmw

aldmw New Member

Im having freezes which cause me to have to restart the system (cannot alt-tab or press escape to exit). It happens randomly, sometimes I can play for 10 minutes, other times for only 30 seconds. I dont have an error message as I have to restart. :cry:

My system specs are
    3Gb ram
    Phenom 550+ black edition
    XP 32 bit
    Drivers are updated.
  9. kankle

kankle New Member

The HUD will vanish randomly, usually after respawn. Won't com back unless I reconnect to the server or the next map loads.

Also when you have your back against the wall, it is impossible to aim because your model blocks the crosshair. Please try to make it so it doesn't "zoom in' on the back of the model when against the wall so you can aim if you choose to position yourself that way.

Thanks guys love the game, I will keep reporting stuff so this game has a solid release!

Win7 64bit
    ATI Radeon HD 5750
    4GB RAM
    2.5 Ghz Dual Core
    All updated drivers

EDIT: Found this thread, taunting fixes the problem
    viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5259
  10. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Guess instead of making random small threads I could just post whatever pops up in here:

I've found two crash causers so far I don't think anyone else has found.

1) If you buy or upgrade a turret, and accidentally re-open the menu just before the turret walls come up in the construction animation, the game will crash. Most likely when you're buying since the turret nub is still momentarily visible.

2) Starting a singleplayer game, clicking on your name will crash the game.

EDIT: Oh, and two bugs; The Elusive (Complete Scramble Blitz) and Flapjack Master (if what I'm doing is right) achievements won't unlock on Steam.
  11. KnOcKz

KnOcKz New Member

What router do you have?
  12. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Occasionally when I respawn as an Assassin, my Dash skill is empty and won't charge at all, no matter how much I mash the button for it. This also disables the reload button dash attack. The problem rarely hangs around for multiple lives in a row, but the loss of those two abilities really hampers a lot of the Assassin's capability.
  13. faits

faits New Member

Achievements were enabled when the beta first started, but have since been disabled. If you get any achievements at this point it's a bug (we're not supposed to be able to earn any more until the beta is over)
  14. zar

zar Member

This is a minor bug, but on occasion after a Crossfire match ends the game will freeze for no apparent reason and then Windows will close out the program.
  15. Reiku_Yin

Reiku_Yin New Member

A small thing I've noticed while trying to map a new joypad is that it is very sure about not saving the new left stick inputs. It reads where they are from tho very oddly with a very long command string starting with ?, but then wipes them. It reads all other buttons correctly however. Pad is a Logitech

Also, seems that the default settings has any pad other then an Xbox (untested, but every other one of my friends I have talked to about a joy pad have mentioned the same) That Y-axis is flipped so one must hold back to move forward.
  16. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

Don't know if already reported.

I used the Annihilator and were killed by an assassin in the next second. The animation played when I died and the money was taken from my amount but the annihilator never takes effect and after next spawn I could use it again and usefully.

Hopefully this isn't a feature...
  17. HawkSeraph

HawkSeraph New Member

The custom classes miss the names of the bots(in the class creating screen), they just say "label" or something...
  18. Tomas

Tomas New Member

Just became invulnerable as a gunner earlier. It happened right after a brawl with (I think) a tank who grappled me. It was all so messy and chaotic that I didn't see exactly what happened.

I had the red and "heat shimmer" effect along the edges of my screen, I couldn't walk or aim around, but I could move with wasd during hover. I could shoot and hurt/kill players and bots (assuming they happened to run in front of me or I lined it up by hovering in position), but they couldn't hurt or grapple me. I ended up just jumping off the edge of the arena and respawning which fixed it.
  19. Semmel

Semmel New Member

I have problem makeing a Blitz game, i fowarded all ports but still friends cant join they get the message "server not responding".
  20. Asskicker

Asskicker New Member

In the lobby, steam names having < in it, get cut off. But in game the name looks good.

For example,
    Steam name: Nick<Name
    Lobby name: Nick
    In game name: Nick<Name