Early Backer Upgrades

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, March 7, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Not ignoring you all, just been a busy couple days! We'll be investigating and looking into some of the potential bug issues, and clarifying some of the questions as soon as possible.

Re: alpha key - in the case of keys, we just give you one key, depending on which stage. An alpha key -> beta -> retail is the same key.

Same as beta -> retail.

Etc.

More later, once my head stops essploding!
  2. mrcurry

mrcurry New Member

Thanks for taking the time and letting us know! :)
  3. stchurdak

stchurdak New Member

so if i was to upgrade from the $50 tier to the $90 would i get the delta comm?
  4. guvante

guvante New Member

I backed for a Progenitor and a normal copy, but when I go to the upgrade page it offers to upgrade to Galatic (which appears to basically be the "Boosting mass is expensive!" or $90 option from before, awesome) for $20 instead of the expected $40, it appears to be using the original pledge as the base amount.

Any chance of getting a way to upgrade the primary without losing the add-ons?
  5. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

I plan on paying the extra $20 for a BETA key from my standard kickstarter pledge as soon as money will allow it.

Far too eager to play this game.
  6. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Its too bad there isnt an upgrade option to have a unit model made by the team. Cause Id totally upgrade if that option was in there :3
  7. anora

anora New Member

hmmm pep that back whit the kick starter cant upgrade still?
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We temporarily turned off $90+ upgrades until we finish checking to make sure there's no bug in the process (and to check anyone who already did the upgrade and make sure their upgrade was done correctly).. We'll have it turned back on soon. And there is no upgrade beyond $150 right now. We simply lack the bandwidth to handle it right now, so we had to keep it simple, while still, at the bare minimum, let people who wanted to get into alpha and/or beta the chance sooner than later.

It's still a work in progress, and we haven't decided "we'll never offer X again", but it takes us some time to build up all the support for this.. once that's done, providing support for other things is a lot easier. :)
  9. hgadams

hgadams Member

Sounds good.
    What kind of drugs you need to be faster :roll:
    Think, Asperin won´t work hm ? :lol:

Relax, take it easy (coffee isn´t good, realy), and give it to us with a boom, when ready.

:ugeek:
  10. Consili

Consili Member

Hmm I supported at $150 for the kickstarter so there is no reason for me to upgrade, HOWEVER. I also got a beta key for my brother (the only options at the time being a retail key and a beta key)

Will there be an opportunity prior to alpha for me to upgrade the gift key I purchased for him?
  11. radistmorse

radistmorse Member

Hm, I pledged $40 on kickstarter and now upgraded it for $30, so in the end I got an alpha-key for $70, while back on the kickstarter it costed the full $90.

I'm not complaining, but seems hardly fair for the people who pledged $90.
  12. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I pledged 40 + 20 for an extra key and added 30 to get the 90 dollar pack. So technically I got the 90 dollar pack for 70.

I consider this a bonus for us who decided to get extra keys and stuff back then but for others I don't know how it works
  13. xdazza

xdazza New Member

Alpha access via upgrading is only $70, but I don't think we get anything more, e.g. Alpha commander, so thats probably why.

Edit: i just noticed Alpha commander is listed under galatic edition upgrade ONLY when on the payment page (where it has the amazon payment/paypal buttons).
  14. Bouncer2000

Bouncer2000 Member

Yeah, you are right. Just checked it by myself and I am glad to see the alpha commander is in my galactic edition... But I am still kind of sad I will probably miss the delta...
  15. dancomyn

dancomyn New Member

Yeah, same here. I'm still hoping there'll be another upgrade option between Galactic and Cosmic that'll include the Delta...i'm just crazy enough to spend some more, but not enough to go to 250.
  16. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

TAKE MY MONEY!!!! :lol:
  17. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Upgraded for $20 to get a Beta key, bring it on!!

Will hopefully post videos and stuff to www.gamingonlinux.com if allowed and there's no NDA or anything!
  18. Littletiger

Littletiger New Member

I pledged $595 but would like to add a extra key for a friend please
  19. ubermaugustine

ubermaugustine Uber Alumni

You can get extra retail, beta or alpha keys for friends by pre-ordering Combat, Warfare or Galactic editions at store.uberent.com.
  20. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

I didn't know you existed.