New Website: Soft Launch

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, March 5, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

That's just freakin weird. I'll see if I can figure out any way to repro, but.. that just mostly gets a "Whaaaaaaaa?"

Hopefully it's a one off where there's just something on your system, and not something a few thousand opera users will see. :) What OS are you using?
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Win 7 x64
    Don't waste too much time on hunting weird bugs of some odd behavior that might entirely be my fault.

Hopefully some other Opera-Users will report that everything looks fine^^
  3. scifiz

scifiz Member

So I was randomly wandering around, as you do, and this appeared
    http://www.uberent.com/pa/?attachment_id=208 (this was the page url)
    Did you mean for a lower res copy of the site background to get into the gallery?

Oddly though, I now can't get back into that viewing mode... no wait, done it. I must have used Open in New Tab so it opened it as a page not the js viewer.
  4. wemlock

wemlock Member

looks good nice to see the site getting updated
  5. thgr8houdini

thgr8houdini Member

Site looks nice! One thing: if you click on the "Media" tab without selecting a sub-option, it goes to the news page. The sub-options seem to work fine.
  6. garat

What it's doing is showing any posts that have the media tag on them.. so right now, that basically looks like our news posts. :) It's a confusing aspect of Wordpress, though I understand the reasoning. We'll need to tag our stuff a little more carefully.
  7. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

Question: Why is the explosion dust white??....

Anyway nice site update.Now I´m waiting for the blog update you mentioned.
  8. RCIX

RCIX Member

Aww i miss the old SC2 style PA website icon :(

Great work though otherwise!
  9. otsunashi

otsunashi New Member

Using Opera, I see no issues with the media pages, the concept art is displaying properly for me.

Win 7 x64 using Opera v12.14 b1738
  10. atua

atua Member

Garat, I assume the website is being edited at the moment, as the following is displayed near the top:

[srp widget_title='RECENT UPDATES' widget_title_header='h1' post_limit='3' display_thumbnail='no' string_break='more...' ]
  11. Satch3L

Satch3L Member

Will there be and official wiki page (now or later) for PA or does that gonna be needlessly?
  12. celludriel

celludriel New Member

Hey,

Well once I opened the site I was quite underwhelmed ? Either my IE9 is messed up or something goes wrong. Is it meant to be mostly white with the letters barely readable ?

I try to attach a screenshot to show how it looks over here

Attached Files:

13. thapear

thapear Member

A gamer that uses IE! They exist!

On topic, the site looks nice for me, albeit a bit slow to load pages. I do not see any errors in chrome 25.0.1364.97.

(100 mbit internet, so that's probably not it)
  14. garat

We'll investigate, but if you need to use IE for any reason, I'd urge you to move to IE10. Any prior version of IE is not, shall we say, particular W3C compliant. :) Thanks for letting us know, we'll see if it's something we can fix for IE and not break everything else.
  15. turpiini

turpiini Member

The new look is sleek and easy to use, no problemos with the latest Chrome on Win7 x64.

however Android 4.1 stock browser gave me this:

[​IMG]

Latest Chrome for Android gave this:

[​IMG]
  16. Kahdir

Kahdir New Member

Look good! (Safari 6.0.2)

I hate site bugs, can't wait 'til everyone is HTML5 compliant.
    Didn't Opera recently switch to web kit?
  17. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I believe that's IE8, not IE9. IE9 in my testing appears to show (mostly) correctly as long as you don't have incompatibility mode turned on which attempts to replicate IE8.

Default IE9 view:

"Compatibility mode" IE9 view:

In general, if you're using IE9 for some reason, don't use compatibility mode, or better yet upgrade to IE10. If you're using IE8 because you're on XP, stop and go download Firefox or Chrome.

Some websites out there outright block IE8 from viewing them with a "Go download a new browser" message because it lives in it's own special world of non-standard compliance.

Attached Files:

18. zenomaddog

zenomaddog Member

Will there be a new trailer for the game when it comes closer to at least alpha stage so it's more Representative of the final game ?
  19. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'd rather the time be spent making the alpha available sooner or better, what's the point to trying to do a trailer for the alpha? things will change, better to wait until late beta if you're gonna do something like that, so it's gearing up for the release instead, thought he value is still dubious.

Mike
  20. celludriel

celludriel New Member

Well it's showing right now , it did seem I had some kind of compatability mode setup, but only on intranet sites ... witch is strange that after I unchecked that one , it all of the sudden showed as it should. I'm definetly not looking at an intranet site :) I can't upgrade to IE10 on this laptop yet, since I'm a developer and for now need to stick to IE9 until my company upgrades to IE10 (if ever)