How cool would it be...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mortiferusrosa, March 3, 2013.

1. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

To have one of the systems be Earth and the moon? I say just the Earth and not the whole solar system because I think it would be awesome to have it scaled as close as possible. Imagine 40 players going to duke it out on Earth! I remember the custom map from SupCom that was Earth. It was good, and close, but I feel like this could get a lot closer.

Of course, I have no idea how making that planet would work with the current generation system but still, I can wish.

Thoughts?

Edit: Oh, and uber, if it is impossible shoot it down now. I'd rather know. :lol:
  2. bubba41102

bubba41102 Member

well it would be interesting if there were citys or you could change the course of humanity by teh way you keep your war it might be a good completly different game mode in which your actions change the course of history like secretly helping a side during ww2 or other events
  3. godde

godde Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    New commander?
  4. bubba41102

bubba41102 Member

and mecha hitler wont be onvolved maby in a wolfinstein mod though
  5. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

So basicaly the idea is to have some rare spawned predefined planets, like earth or mars... or cybertron?
  6. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

Yeah. But if I had to pick one it would definitely be earth and the moon. The idea would be to scale is as best as possible. Walking across Germany should take more than five steps of the ACU (however, 1:1 scaling is probably impossible since earth is 12.75 million meters in diameter).
  7. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Even 1:4 scaling would still take hours and hours just to cross 1 country at ACU walking speed
  8. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

That is the point. Get it close as possible.

Remember that Uber is looking to have max 40ish players in one game. Having the "system" be one gigantic planet earth (and maybe the moon) with 40 players fighting over it sounds fun.
  9. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

Huge +1 to full size planets. In my opinion PA should be designed with the possibility of a to-scale Earth in mind.

Multiple planets is only epic if a planet is epic. You need to be able to have an entire war over Earth before the possibility of establishing a base on Mars becomes mind-blowingly awesome.
  10. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

That is one big *** planet...

Sounds like fun! I'll +1 as well. If neutrino is shooting for 1,000,000 units, surely Earth can be tackled a well. I hope.