For Backers Only: Unit Whitebox Sheet

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, February 28, 2013.

1. FunkOff

FunkOff Member

Alright, I added labels for all the units for what I think they are... 99% certain they are all accurate.

Attached Files:

2. bill280

bill280 Member

I believe it was confirmed that the "planet-accelteration engine" in that picture is actually a satellite that drops nukes from orbit.

Edit: put in quote from page 23 of this thread.

3. FunkOff

FunkOff Member

Neither Neutrino nor the guy he was quoting directly referenced exactly what shape they were talking about. I assume one of the satellites has that attack capability. Besides, we know the planetary acceleration engine exists because we all saw it in the video.... so it wasn't exactly a bad guess to say it was on this screenshot here. Also, the other two items I have listed as satellites look like they could fit in the satilite launch facility's launching rocket... that large disc object? There doesn't appear to be a way to get such an object into orbit... so I assume it's something on the ground.
  4. Devak

Devak Post Master General

A quick note:

Could sea-mexes be more like Oil Rigs and less "like land but on a platform"?

EDIT:

What i thought to be a gunship is actually an Air-Fabber

Also, a lot of the buildings and vehicles look a LOT like the Kickstarter trailer :p
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That's because they are.

Mike
  6. thaplague

thaplague Member

The unit scale looks great. I do like how battleships look like a battleship. Maybe it is just me but do the subs look a bit small? I know this is not the final product but I am use to them being (I know this sounds bad) long and slender. :oops: It’s not a complaint by any means though. Good job!!
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Already keeping track here: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=44155

Edit: Only difference I'd say would be the identical turrets on land and sea are most likely AA, due to their identical appearance, and the bigger missile launcher appears to be anti-asteroid, based on the kickstarter video. The other differences could be either way.
  8. swappan

swappan New Member

Looks great. I like the big scale difference. Although I know its just concept and such, the battleship does not actually fit in the shipyard :D.
  9. Ch3m1kal

Ch3m1kal New Member

Speaking of which, i like how the shipyards appear to have some gates on the ends. I really hope this means they work like a drydock and they drain the water while building, hopefully with some cool welding effects.
    Yes i know... nanolathe and all, but come on! Welding sparks shooting from your shipyard would look awesome.
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

:lol:
  11. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I just want to say Looks Super Good!

I know almost everyone posts features, ideas, or units that they want, but I really like Mavor's idea of just getting the game out with the confirmed features, then just working on the rest with updates, dlc, whatever. (iterations) I look forward to playing a nice rts with good updates. FA just seemed to stop receiving any love (updates) .... :(

Just really looking forward to this coming out. Very excited and I hope I can upgrade my backer level to get Alpha access!

Thanks for all the hard work! :)
  12. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

I love the size of those ships :cool:
  13. FunkOff

FunkOff Member

I'm guessing the subs look small because we can only see the portion of them that is above the surface. I assume there's more sub beneath the entirely opaque ocean. (Transparent water still in development!)
  14. scifiz

scifiz Member

There is a thought. Does the engine render submerged subs as shadows (Red Alert), blue ghostings (Red Alert 2) or wire frames?
    I only ask because I've watched way too many of NsN's Anno videos altely and the wire frame looked kinda cool.

And my guess for the mystery box was going to be wall. I don't think the asteroid engines are on the sheet yet.
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Most likely, the water will be semi-transparent like Sup Com.
  16. thaplague

thaplague Member

Well now that you mention it that way it makes sense.
  17. dexterjester

dexterjester New Member

I hope that the water will be a bit less transparent than in Supcom, because the ships almost seemed to float on air because the water was so clear... Atleast don't make the shadows visible on the bottom of the ocean like in Supcom :lol:
  18. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

But shadows should be visible in water.
  19. little0nix

little0nix New Member

I love the rocks! They look SICK!
  20. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

Light is refracted against the surface of water to the point where shadows are projected onto the sea bed and on the surface of the water.