Pause and Lags

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Gruenerapfel, February 26, 2013.

1. Gruenerapfel

Gruenerapfel Member

Is it possible for one player to pause the game, if yes how is it handled?
    In Teamgames, will it be possible for one player to reconnect after he got disconnected?
    If someone lags heavily or got temporarly disconnected, will the game wait for him?
  2. redfang87

redfang87 New Member

I believe this has been confirmed as for pause i would imagine so though maby as host option to enable?

and for lag pause dont know how it will be handled but should be some sort of system for it weather a system similar to supcom's slow down or something very difrent i dont know though I would of thought with server side hosting it would be as much of an issue still may be a prob
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

The only lag possible (that affects all players) is if the Server isn't powerful enough, or it has a crummy internet connection. If a client can't keep up, then only that client is affected.
  5. redfang87

redfang87 New Member

i ment it wouldnt be that much of an issue not would :p typo there
  6. Gruenerapfel

Gruenerapfel Member

there is only something about reconnection....
    but what about pause? wait for lagging players?(it would work without waiting, but it would be more fair)
  7. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

When you play on the original (cloud) servers from Uber, the game will not lag for you. If another player has a slow PC, his game will lag, not yours. Welcome to the wonderful world of dedicated servers. ^^

I don't know about Pausing, but in Forged Alliance, I thought that was solved pretty nicely, you had the option to set it to every player is allowed to pause the game 3 times, or unlimited.
  8. Gruenerapfel

Gruenerapfel Member

It is nice, to not lag if the opponent does, but it would be kinda unfair....
  9. thapear

thapear Member

Yeah, and there isn't a single game which does not have this.
    If you have a crappy computer, the game will naturally run worse for you, there's nothing the developers can do about this.
    The only difference between this game and other games is that other games will lag/slow down if you can't handle the simulation OR if you cannot handle the visuals. This game removes the sim part and will only lag if you cannot handle the visuals (or network traffic).
  10. Gruenerapfel

Gruenerapfel Member

What i mean with Waiting is, if some player get an ping over lets say 250ms, the game will slow down a little bit and if he gets disconnected or having ping over 500ms the game will pause. Pause and slow both trigger a timer if the timer reaches 0 or if the players stops laging, the game will run normal again, the timer resets, lets say after 5 minutes
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I don't understand what problem you are trying to solve here.

Why would a player with a crap ping want to slow the game down?
  12. Gruenerapfel

Gruenerapfel Member

OK maybe slowing down the game is not an good Idea.
    BUT, if the game is ping is unstable or if its just because he got some issues, wich can be solved, he needs some time. (automatic pause)
  13. peterbusunum

peterbusunum Member

Also: What about being able to save a COOP match against the AI and loading it later on?

The Guild II (thank god...) has it and it is really great, especially for long matches.
  14. Gruenerapfel

Gruenerapfel Member

err read the suggested features topic, save and resume games will defenetly be possible!(even for multiplayer)
  15. SwiftBlizz

SwiftBlizz Member

According to the devs, they will try and make replays work as saves.
    This means that you will be able to continue the game from any point in the match, now isn't that just flipping awesome?
  16. peterbusunum

peterbusunum Member

That's great! Thanks for the answer ^^