The challenge is dwindling

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Demigod At Play, December 23, 2010.

1. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

I'll take the blame for the game finishing quickly. When I play I never play for win, but for Kill Count. Bad sniper habit to ignore the objectives and scout for the real threats who can actually kill me... I'm paranoid like that. Hence why we lose, I focus the kills instead of the drills. *Facepalm*
    I like headshots.
    *Bursts with arrogance!* :mrgreen:
    I'm jk.
    But there is thruth in this joke, new people to the game focus more on kill count rather than WIN count. Also I find it a lot more satisfactory to see myself have a decent kill count with a low death count, so to say a good K/D ratio. It just depends on the player. I think most players think like this and focus killing the enemy instead of the bots and the bots are just a nuisance since they're probably not used to team games... Unless they played TF2 or something.
  2. aerowoK

aerowoK New Member

Thats sorta the main reason, no one wants to go into files and edit them just to turn off mouse accel.
  3. epyx

epyx New Member

don't upgrade your skills at all.

theres your challenge.
  4. Demigod At Play

Demigod At Play New Member

Ha, I like that. I might try it just for the lulz.
  5. epyx

epyx New Member

it makes assassin quite a bit more challenging, less cloak, less dash, cant stand still cloaked either.

makes you really conservative.
  6. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Hotshot imbalances?
  7. Demigod At Play

Demigod At Play New Member

Yeah, it seems that when there is an odd number of players the Hotshots get the oddball 100% of the time. Also when the teams are even and a new player joins during a match, the Hotshots get that new player.
  8. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Is there a way to avoid that though? Some team needs the odd player.
  9. thebabelfish

thebabelfish Member

I think we just need to give people a little longer to get used to the game. Heck I've been doing well recently and I've still got a ton of learning to do with satchel charges.
    Last edited: December 25, 2010
  10. Tomas

Tomas New Member

The suspected cause right now is that a player's default preferred team is red, and since there is no server side team shuffling, whenever anyone joins a game they will "attempt" to join red and stay there - while blue players will attempt to switch between every game.
    Team shuffling before the start of every round sounds like the most simple and effective solution to me.
  11. kotay

kotay New Member

just create an irc channel in quakenet, infact i'll do it now, goto http://webchat.quakenet.org/ (or use your existing irc client) then join channel #mondaynightcombat then arrange pick up games, always the most fun with communicating players who know tactics and help each other get better :)
  12. kankle

kankle New Member

Why would you think the only players are coming from XBOX? I would think most of the players are Steam users who didn't want to play this game on 360 b/c of the awful controls. Saying that only 360 players play doesn't make any sense, since there is nothing new as of yet in the PC version.

I played comp TF2 since the game came out and I love this game. Its not at the point where those little things matter that much, if leagues were made and serious matches were played I would agree with you, but I don't know.
  13. Providence

Providence New Member

Most PC players are coming from TF2 and Global Agenda.