For Backers Only: Unit Whitebox Sheet

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, February 28, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Ya'll should really take a look at the first post again. Just sayin.
  2. stevenside

stevenside Member

you're killing me here Garat. Thing worth mentioning, but is the "factorylike" whitebox next to the smaller one by any chance mass fabricators t1 and t2? would be my guess thats for sure.
  3. bill280

bill280 Member

There is a tree inside the large air factory :shock:
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]
  5. thgr8houdini

thgr8houdini Member

Units look awesome...I look forward to playing the game more with each new update! Great work by the Uber team!
  6. anora

anora New Member

that little structure looks like a shell for carrying units launched by the uber cannon
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Thank you very much! Now I can see things more clearly and give some better feedback.

The polycount seems to be higher than I first expected after seeing the original unit concepts: Great!

Unit readability is mostly very good. I assume the fighter shape will change later since they look very similar atm. The tanks are different enough in shape and size to distinguish them.

The bots however... I know, the size you guys picked makes them look realistic but I'm not sure if I can keep them apart easily if I'm zoomed out a bit. The tank's box shape makes them easy to read, the bots are harder and they feature similar body shapes.

I would suggest to make them easier to distinguish by giving some of them only one large weapon as an arm or mounted on the shoulder. Break the symmetry.
  8. hohopo

hohopo Member

I love the look of the designs so far.
    Especially the scale of the commander to the factories, he is large compared to the t1 factories but compared to t2 he looks normal. Highlighting he is a powerful tool early game and something that badly needs defending later (assuming simular to SC).
  9. lthawkeye

lthawkeye New Member

so many TA units ;p

edit: loving the proposed scale- hope it stays that way
  10. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Keep in mind you guys are again seeing raw stuff in progress. For example a bunch of the units are scaled dupes. There are also plenty of units missing and some of the ones you see will go away. It's the circle of life.
  11. volken2050

volken2050 New Member

I think these look great even for placeholders. Seeing these really wishes I could play with my legos and TA at the same time. Really great job Uberdudes!
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

[​IMG][​IMG]

*cough cough*

Mike
  13. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

My guess is a wall segment
  14. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Mystery wall! :D
  15. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

16. backdoornobaby

backdoornobaby New Member

naval + air units. and the buildings. awesome.
  17. Heytesburg

Heytesburg New Member

Needs some spikes or something ... like dragons teeth. I'd like to see some WW2 style tank traps personally :D
  18. zachb

zachb Member

So I really liked that the naval units definitely looked to be the right scale. They are nice and building sized, just like an actual battleship would be.

Hah although I am hoping that the white box lightning bolts on the back of the power generator don't get into the final build. I kind of liked the way the Sup Com power generators looked with their giant blue glowing sections that were very obviously generators when looking at them from far away. it kind of reminded me of that star trek engine core thing that was a bunch of fluorescent lights stacked on top of each other.

The one thing I was doing while looking at the images was shrink them down and see if I could pick out the different units and buildings while looking at how the game would be while zoomed out. And so far it's pretty distinct. But some of the white box aircraft looked a little too similar (gunship, and gunship with bigger tail fin).
  19. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

one assumes those are just energy symbols so they are identified as energy structures. similarly two are for advanced production.
  20. bill280

bill280 Member

Just in case someone missed it or has forgotten, all these models are just place holders and are all subject to change. :)