Building underground?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zeus9999, February 23, 2013.

?

how do you feel about digging

1. Time to shoot for awesome, who cares about realistic

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. I am READY!

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Sure it'd be fun

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Go ahead i don't care

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Maybe a little bit different?

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. no thank you

37 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

Land can be bombarded by air, sea and land... landings from space. underground is accessible through a tunnel that is slowly carved out, old tunnels are closed off by cave ins.
  2. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

hmm ok i get that, i would love/hate if cave-ins would be caused by explosions or terrible soil composition
  3. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

Rewritten:

Good luck convincing us that underground is fantastic and should be added.

You should restate what you now want the underground layer to do, in one post, not spread across four. The original post at the start of the thread is very misleading as you said you have now changed you mind as to what the underground layer should accomplish.

EDIT: Nevermind, even if a bunker buster was added a SMD would easily counter that and make underground layers invulnerable again.
    Last edited: February 28, 2013
  4. kmike13

kmike13 Member

I'm just going to stop argueing now. This is ridiculous.
  5. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

yeah that would be the counter to underground like torpedo's are to underwater. and kmike i think you are leaving cause now i want to work it out in a different way (no offense really)
  6. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Where is the offense in that?
  7. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

idk really, i'm sometimes terrible with arguing (as you know). and i don't like making people hold grudges
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Zeus, what you need to to is stop posting, sit down with Notepad, and type you your idea IN DEPTH AND DETAIL.You keep making these 2 sentence posts with little attention to grammar and punctuation and expect us to keep track of everything for you? You switch terms in and out as you please, going from making mazes, to cave-ins, to wall mounted turrets when supposedly talking about the same thing.

So sit back, think about not only your idea, but also how it impacts the rest of the game. Use forum resources like Search, The Confirmed Features Sticky, The Topic Index and the Old threads about Underground stuff.

Bring us a well thought out, explained and presented idea, then we can work it out.

Mike
    Last edited: February 28, 2013
  9. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

ok sounds good to me but we can still discuss how this will work (you always seems to fight with search which isn't always all knowing)
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It's true, it's not all knowing, but it's only as effective as a person's usage of it.

I will not be making any further posts in this thread until there is a clear, cohesive and thought out proposal, and I hope others follow suit because otherwise we're all just wasting our time.

Mike
  11. kmike13

kmike13 Member

12. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

The engine that makes planet surfaces doesn't look like it'll do well with underground stuff. You might hack around it by putting a planet in a planet...
  13. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

by underground i mean like digging into it so a planet in a planet might not work
  14. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

I still don't see any pictures...