rescue bots?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zeus9999, February 28, 2013.

1. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

my idea is this. so you know when your units are almost dead and you are about to lose all that resource and time, well what about a flying/land units that will latch onto and units and it requires a certain amount to lift a certain unit and get get your units out of their in a relatively fast way? (i searched for a similar topic so if there is one sorry)

these units would die easily unless you could somehow protect them, the more the better, which means the more the faster. these units could save you commander or some special unit you don't or can't afford to lose
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Why not just repair or reclaim with an engineer?
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You mean Air Transports?

Mike
  4. kmike13

kmike13 Member

5. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well reclaiming would take a while, you might not get it before other player, and it takes time to make things like this and you lose the energy required for it.
    and in a way they are air transport but i think that a structure will launch these and it can be set to pick them up when their health is at a certain percentage
  6. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

So like the carryalls from dune? I like this idea. While they would be basicaly air transports the automated function of rescue and repair would add a nice mechanic and a reson not to ignore just fighters.
  7. igncom1

But when are units worth enough to really bother in a game with an infinite streaming economy with units that are designed to be cannon fodder?

Why should we bother?
  8. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

what are the carryall's? and it should cost energy or something for them to get ready for the next rescue.

and when time is essential you can't waste it or you will be in danger, cause time is a very precious thing in a game like this
  9. igncom1

Units can be built in seconds....time is a matter of quantity not quality.
  10. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well not all units are like that and energy will probably not be reclaimable. in fact it should use energy to reclaim wreckage, and your not sure how long units take on PA, another thing since you won't always have resource to build then your giving it your enemy

also tell me in SupCom FA what killed more a T3 or a T1
    Last edited: February 28, 2013
  11. igncom1

Then don't commit unit's to an attack where you are going to lose?

Really it's kinda silly because units aren't worth enough to bother with a system like this.
  12. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

in truth you will probably have extra energy so why give your enemy the advantage, also you don't always know you will win. and quality is overall going to help more than quantity
  13. igncom1

:| Umm....not in this game it won't be.

Even the US sherman tank in real life proved that quantity can beat quality.
  14. kmike13

kmike13 Member

This game is all about quantity not quality. Want a better army? build more units.
  15. KNight

First, Energy is easy to get, you can build power generators almost anywhere, Metal/Mass is a LOT harder to get, as there are only so many Extraction points per planetary body, it doesn't matter if reclaiming doesn't get back any energy because energy is more than plentiful.

Second, this sounds a lot like a "Oops I made a mistake but Idon't want to be punished for it" type of idea and doesn't consider the scale of the game, we aren't talking about armies made of 20 units, we're talking armies made up of hundreds of units, even if we don't know the exact time a unit takes to build, it's clear they won't be long otherwise it'd be hard to get hundreds of them

Thirdly, The Difference between T3 and T1 units from SupCom is a lot more complex than you make it out to be, it's a complex issue, if you want to learn more I suggest reading this thread: Do we even need Tech levels? And read ALL of it.

Mike
  16. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

the rescue bot will save your commander dude how does that not help? and if you had a big army you probably won't just stand there you are usually going to use that army to weaken your foe so that's when the rescue bots come in handy, but since the range is limited you could make one near the battle. this idea has real potential and you are saying the same things this is it in a nutshell "time doesn't matter when you have quantity" but in truth it takes just as long to make those weak units as it takes to make a couple of monsters that will kill your "huge" army while using less population
  17. KNight

If your commander is about to die, one of two things happened;

1] You made bad choices that lead to it

2] You were outplayed by a better player.

That's all there is to it.

Mike
  18. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well since energy is easy to get that is why it will not be easy to retrieve a whole army so take that into mind and quantity won't beat quality because what wins 2 of those flying death discs? or 100 small units

and if its a sneak attack then you get away, cause the planets make it so that they dont nessecarily have to fly through each one. that doesnt mean bad choices
  19. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

*Facepalm*
  20. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

lol why? it's true. quality will beat the small units cause if you have like 7 factories make units that take 14 seconds while i have 4 experimental buildings that make 1 units per 2 minutes when i have 4 of mine you will have only about 60 units so quality WINS