Whare are YOU doing to pass the time?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by brandonpotter, February 11, 2013.

1. Consili

Consili Member

In no particular order:

Finishing off my thesis (Now at the binders, hurray!)

Keeping up with the updates from (and trying to get friends into):
    • Planetary Annihilation
      Star Citizen
      Elite Dangerous
      Shadowrun Returns/Online

Playing:
    • Supreme Commander FA
      Sins of a Solar Empire
      Borderlands 2
      Firefall
      Mechwarrior Online
      Planetside 2
    (I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands while I am waiting for binding)
  2. carbonrevenge

carbonrevenge New Member

Waiting for the new Bioshock to come out even if I won't get to play it till April.

Also waiting for another indie game that I know to get outa beta and released so that I can play it.
  3. Heytesburg

Heytesburg New Member

Playing the entire TA campaign again on hard. Got up to The Defense of Larab Harbour last night but its a %#@& of a level as it always was.
  4. thedbp

thedbp Member

working full time

creating some apps for me and my colleagues at work.(not part of my job)

watching supernatural

playing

blackops 2
    battlefield 3
    spore
    planetside 2
    tribes ascend
    settlers of catan + sea and islands extention (gf loves it)
    awesomenauts

cooking and cleaning appartment.

oh and reddit... so much reddit.
  5. gmorgan

gmorgan Member

That level was always so annoying. Oh I've survived. Here comes an unbreakable wave!
  6. Heytesburg

Heytesburg New Member

Hehe managed to pass it last night, trick is to send some subs out and starting sinking **** at the bottom of the map before it comes to your base ;)
  7. gabrahamsook

gabrahamsook New Member

Knowing that mission by heart was the only way I could beat it on normal.
  8. Joefesok

Joefesok Member

Throwing down in KAG, while waiting for the real release to come out
    Rolling more characters in WoW, while waiting for 5.2
    Making new redstone ideas for Minecraft, while waiting for 1.5
  9. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

Don't we all love waiting for updates? :mrgreen:
  10. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

Guys. i read on face book that last week we werent interesting enough to have a "this week on the forums" type mention. so... we need to step up our game.
  11. Joefesok

Joefesok Member

Working on it.
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

What do you expect when all the new threads are about topics we've already covered?

Mike
  13. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

I know... so we must try harder.

But the statement was mostly for a laugh anyway.
  14. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Just gonna throw this up. This isnt for PA, BUT BUT BUT, I will make making a PA version of this very soon. :3

Its a Super unit I made for Forged Alliance with bits of help from another modeller. :)

[​IMG]
  15. cptbritish

cptbritish Member

That looks epic! Would love to get back into FA but playing too many games right now and my OCD is demanding the "Congratulations you have got all the achievements for this game" for at least most of my games...

Anyway what i'm up to.

- Airmech: Amazing game, actually the first Free to Play game i'm considering throwing some money at. Can get a bit spammy at times but still really fun and for 126mb well worth a download!

- World of Warcraft: After Cataclysm, I said never again (Even though they'd brought back some difficulty which been a Vanilla Vet I liked) now one of my friends managed to twist my arm and also make me move to a different server. Healing is piss easy as a Monk (I'm only level 75).

- War Thunder: Another Free to Play game that is really fun but doubt I will throw money at it. Plus they will be adding Air, Land and Sea battles all to one game. Can't bloody wait!

- Chivalry: Medieval First person game. With Limbs and Heads flying everywhere, a pretty good way to unwind... or get stressed to stupid deaths. Still its excellent.

- Starcraft 2: Mostly Arcade games at the moment, pretty fed up with normal unit set now, i'm ready for HotS.

- Assortment of other games on Steam which I need to get achievements for, Like Alien Breed, Shogun 2 (I still need to get back into making mods for this, people keep jumping on my current mods asking for my Generals tweak but don't have it in my at the moment, I see enough spreadsheets at work -.-), Dishonoured & Zombie Driver HD.

- Spending time with the missus looking for to the birth of our first child... Need to get achievements quickly!
  16. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

V1 of my Super Unit, with its own Gantry. Put my Omega Commander in there for scaling. Might be changed later. What do you all think of it so far?

[​IMG]
  17. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

You like war thunder? Check out World of Warplanes, a bit faster paced, I love it...
  18. cptbritish

cptbritish Member

I actually got a beta key back in August (Through PC Gamer) it was fun but didn't appeal to me as much as what War Thunder has...

Might log back in though to see the changes...
  19. christopher1006

christopher1006 Member

@theseeker2

I guess you don't care for the simulation modes but they do have an arcade mode that's basically WoWP with a bit more in variety when it comes to planes. I think you'll like it as it offers quite a bit nicer graphics but still keeps it at a good clip with plenty of players on that mode all the time.
  20. furlock

furlock Member

I've been playing FA and SupCom 2 recently, alongside Dota 2 to pass the time. Most of my time is spent being a college student, so that helps, I suppose.

Been playing the former two in hopes that I can get a bit better, as I've never been very good at RTS games. I love the genre, I'm just not too hot at playing it.