will there be commanders for people after release?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by meltedcandles, February 25, 2013.

1. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

I've been wondering this, because if my friends wait until the game is released, there will be no commanders for them, or are the Dev's making a couple for non-pre-order/non early backers.

sincerely yours
  2. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

There will be atleast 1 commander that automatically comes with the game.
  3. feyder

feyder Member

I think Uber will Continue to build Commander Designs for the game as people would definitely buy new Commander models.
  4. ninjarock

ninjarock New Member

There would be more than one for people who didn't pre-order (no point being customizable if you can't customize)

What we know:
    There will be at least one commander for non backers/pre-orders (Obviously)

There are 4 animation rigs (Bases of Commander Design) confirmed as far as I know (I think kinda tired here)

Uber plans to support PA for some time after Official Launch.

More content in the form of cosmetic items and more characters was released during major support of SMNC after release to the public

What we can infer:
    There will (probably) be at least 4 Commanders available for everyone one for each rig initially (quite possibly more)

More cosmetics will be released as long with more Commanders. (Depending on what Uber decides the commanders will either be free or run through micro-transactions. Maybe some combination)

So there will (probably) be more than one available for the new guys.
  5. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

Thank you.
  6. ninjarock

ninjarock New Member

If your friends are definitely going to buy it once it launches I would recommend pre-ordering the Combat edition.

Its going to cost the same (or less) than just the plain version plus you get:

Theta Commander, (Now they have at least two commanders. Yay!)

Soundtrack Download, I have no idea if this will be available after pre-order but if they are in any way interested in the music. Get it. It will be a real orchestra, and if my recent experiences are anything to go by it will be a bitch to find it later on.

Desktop Wallpaper, Nice extra, probably not going to change much.

That being said, if they are not sure about it and want to wait for a review don't force them to do it. (Good alternative might be show them Alpha/Beta if you have access when the come out. Although someone will probably upload footage)
  7. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

They have stated that each ability available to backers would also be available to people with a regular purchase, so there'll be at least enough commanders to make all combinations available to everyone.

(This could of course be as simple as a single chassis with a number of different attachment, or a number of different commanders with their own distinctive look; we won't know that)
  8. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

It has been heavily implied that each commander will have preset abilities, one as a weapon and one as an equipment.

The delta commander may have a standard plasma cannon as a gun with its uber cannon that operates like the overcharge from sup com. As its equipment its got those heat sinks so maybe it can supercharge its rate of fire at the cost of energy and maybe taking a little more damage (potential balance issue in commander dueling and such).

the theta commander is kinda chunky so maybe he has a hunker type shield and his little gun could be a form of super EMG with its uber shot being a shotgun like spray with short range (probably quite short as for balance again, annihilating many units in one go can be quite powerful early game so balance).

The progenitor may harken back to TA days and be fitted with a TA style cloaking device with his weapon being a laser that's uber laser has much higher energy requirements but can penetrate its first target.

The Alpha is kinda chunky and has a weapon similar to the progenitor so hunker and laser.

and so on and so on.
  9. Thorzon

Thorzon New Member

I was under the impression that equipment for commanders will be available to all commanders? Not hot swappable kit but able to select what you want before the game starts?
  10. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

From what I've understood the current plan is to allow all weapons and gear for everyone, but not neccesarily as "pick and choose", mostly just you pick a commander and you get the weapon and equipment that belongs with that commander, it's just that there's a commander for each combination.

But of course, it's subject to change.
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The full detail of which is found here;

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=43415

Mike