Games you play srsly

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Grec, December 23, 2010.

1. Grec

Grec New Member

Games that you play at the height of it's metagame cause you're a 1337 pro

For me it'd be Blazblue (Carl/Hazama main), (Used to) Smash Bros (Ice Climbers), Guilty Gear(zappa and bridget), MK3(Noob Saibot), MNC(sniper), Left 4 Dead 2+1(L4D2 I'm a spitter/Assault Rifle, L4D1 Shotgun/Hunter/Boomer), Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Dudley main!) and a lot more but I can't think right now.

List the characters/weapons/loadouts/ w/e you use.
  2. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I will say on occassion I play MNC seriously. If I'm sniping or with a clan I far more serious. Honestly I try not to play seriously, but achievement hunting makes me serious haha! But I'm only mostly serious if there's T-bagging or unfairness or picking on me or friends; overall any form of humiliation. Then I get mean :p

And I can't believe you seriously made the thread xD
  3. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Brawl (Peach & Zelda/Sheik main, ZSS & Toon Link subs), and Pokemon (UU Tier).

Yes, I'm a nerd. :geek:
  4. x gr1m x reap3r x

x gr1m x reap3r x New Member

tf2 console and pc (sadly): as spy, MNC: sniper/tank, brawl: Sonic (ftw!) now i seem to be playing red dead
  5. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I've played TF2(360) with varying degrees of seriousness and every now and then I've found myself playing L4D1/2 seriously...But for the most part not. I just like doing what ever sounds like fun at the moment :D

EDIT: Oh, right. In TF2 I initially played pyro(yeah I had no idea what I was doing) then moved onto medic since aim wasn't as much of an issue(my job at the time did hurt my performance severely from being overtired but every now and then I'd have those moments where I just *KNEW* I was doing things right like when I could keep seven people ubered at once :D), then as I became less interested in the competitive aspect I played a lot of heavy and engineer...Man, those were fun.

L4D1/2? Autoshotty spammer supreme. Gimme a SPAS and batteries for my headphones, I could wipe out an entire team as soon as they spawn. As far as infected went I was a crazy ninja spitter(which little did my ignorance clue me into but that's not too good for competitive matches), not too shabby(read: mediocre) as jockey, and I LOVED being the tank :D

Come to think of it, I should just start playing L4D2 Versus again. Jockey and tank are so fun :D
  6. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

SSB (Fox, Ness) SSB:Melee (Roy) SSB:Brawl (Pit, Snake)

I would be a more serious Super Smash Bros player if the online multi-player was better. Would have been nice to have clans or tournaments online, But all they had was FFA, Team and private game with friends (Unable to make friends ingame though)
  7. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

I've never played a game competitively, because I'm not a machoman randy tryhard savage like some of you. :p
  8. Grec

Grec New Member

JustinIsALie, AiB and Smashboards kinda helped the brawl online community. For a little bit. I used to play Brawl seriously Obsydianyte, I was a Sheik/Olimar player. I was one of the first people to master Sheik DACUS :cool:. I also got a 10 win streak on the AiB ladder and I got really close to winning one too.
  9. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Too bad I can't find my Brawl--talking about it has me hyped to play.

I think I lent it to a friend, but the question would be: Which one?
  10. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Other than MNC, the only other game that I've actually really delved into the metagame at all was SSB: Melee (Falco).

I used to play a ton of MW2 with these loadouts:

Free For All:
    SPAS12 + Grip
    Throwing Knife
    Marathon/Lightweight/Steady Aim

Hardcore Team Death Match:
    AUG HBAR + Thermal Scope
    Sleight of Hand/Cold Blooded/Sit Rep

Never took it seriously though.

EDIT:
    Whoops, I completely forgot Halo Wars. I was all about that for the first couple of months it was out, but then I hit some hard times and had to sell my XBox. Never ended up getting back into it.
  11. Grec

Grec New Member

12. sxd24

sxd24 Member

I have quite a number of srs bsns games under my belt from the past few years.

Gears 1 & 2 are the ones I've gotten the most playtime with. Had a longtime reputation for being the "chainsaw king" of the group I ran with, mainly due to the fact that I used to dxck around in a Guardian match and killed all 6 of the opposing team using only the Lancer's chainsaw. Happened several times too. When I'm not screwing around, I tend to run around with a Boomshot/Shotgun combo, I'm pretty nasty with the Hammer of Dawn, and tagged grenades are another specialty of mine.

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 have gotten the 2nd most playtime for me, mainly because me and a bunch of friends from school would try every Saturday to beat one of the campaigns on Expert. Surprisingly, we completed all of the campaigns on L4D1 on expert, and I preferred to run out with an Auto-Shotty to draw aggro and crown witches, as that was my job. Of course, this also means I had to kite Tanks, which was the shxt part o the job. :lol: Got through 3 campaigns on L4D2, but my friends and I have since gone to college, and 2 of them are out of state, so it's been difficult enough to just get a party of us together to continue running the campaigns.

Then, this game. 3rd most playtime. Used to run Gunner. Everyone knows I ran Support. Now That I've finished with his Protags, you'll mostly see me running Assault or Tank.
  13. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

It's been forever since I've played, but I remember loving his loving his smashes and his aerial spike.

My second favorite was Dr. Mario and I actually learned to play Mr. Game and Watch a bit too.
  14. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

It's common knowledge that in Brawl, when you use his Side Bair it grabs the foe and plunges them to the ground (or out the ring if you're off the edge).

My friend and I call this "Drag Me To Hades" ('cept he uses the h-word, I don't curse, haha).
  15. Grec

Grec New Member

Ya, it's funny to kamikaze people like that when you go into the high 200s
  16. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Hahaha, yeah. If I'm not mistaken, it can spike people in Melee too, right? I don't use him much, if at all.

I'd say I use him about .00000000000314159% of the time.
  17. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Used to delve into SSBM and Brawl a bit myself. Kirby was my main in Melee, and Game and Watch was my 2nd. Switched between Meta Knight and Link for Brawl. Never really took it all that seriously, though, but I only have one loss on my record thus far, and I'm proud of it. Maybe I'm a prodigy, or I just need to play against better people. I dunno.

Also, I hate the Landmaster tank. WITH A PASSION.
  18. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I don't play with items on.
    I don't even think I play with people who do. xD
  19. Grec

Grec New Member

j00 play with items, GET HIM
  20. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Items are for fun! Brawl is SRS BZNS! D<

Hahaha~ In seriousness, sometimes it's silly to put them on and have a laugh. But I have fun either way--I just prefer them off.