Poll: unit formations options

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jg325, February 19, 2013.

?

Should there be a unit formation option

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. jg325

jg325 New Member

I think that this would benefit from the ability to have unit formations, such as Box to put more fragile units in the center for protection, Scattered to keep units apart so to minimize aoe attacks, Tight to keep units close for say burning a line right through your opponets base, etc.
  2. spainardslayer

spainardslayer Well-Known Member

There is already another topic about this. It's even on the first page.
  3. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Voted no, as I'm more in favor of custom formations (ZK style), and the avoidance of antiquated formations such as box.
  4. jg325

jg325 New Member

I am just polling to have formations period, not any specific ones, and i use the box as an example cause i play alot of AOE where you us that to have melee units surround ranged units to keep them from getting massacared. But there is also formations like scatter which would make AOE attacks less effective but spread your units out making each less able to assist others, or tight where units ar clustered and can bring their power to defend eachother, but AOE will cause big damage.
  5. sylvesterink

In that case you'll be happy to know that the devs are already planning on implementing formations, and seem interested enough in the custom formation concept.
  6. dusk108

dusk108 Member

Oh I missed that, where's that bit hiding? I'd love to hear more, unless that's it, than I'll just sit in the corner and fantasize, I mean envision what it might be like.
  7. sylvesterink

It's not linked in the "Features and Suggestions" thread, but I'm fairly certain Neutrino made a mention of it somewhere on the boards, or on Reddit . . .