FireBase LV3 Bonus + Hack + Shava Ice Hack

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Galaxy010, December 23, 2010.

1. Galaxy010

Galaxy010 New Member

Does anybody know if upgrading a Firebase to level 3 increases armor or anything, or is it just the ability to heal allies nearby? Cause if it doesn't increase armor or health at all and only does the heal beam, it's a pretty useless upgrade.

Also, you know how if you hack a turret there is that .X number filled with blue that decreases over time (i.e the number gets less blue)? When that decreases, does that Hack effect begin to wear off, or does the full benefit of Hack stay until the decimal number disappears completely?

New question, what happens when you hack a Shava Ice turret?
    Last edited: December 28, 2010
  2. cq217

cq217 Member

Re: FireBase LV3 Bonus

yah it does, i think the health and armor both go up
    when you read what happens to your skills and it tells you what happens when you level it up that thing stacks over level if you get what i mean
  3. Galaxy010

Galaxy010 New Member

Re: FireBase LV3 Bonus

Oh, okay.

Also, you know how if you hack a turret there is that .X number filled with blue that decreases over time (i.e the number gets less blue)? When that decreases, does that Hack effect begin to wear off, or does the full benefit of Hack stay until the decimal number disappears completely?
  4. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Re: FireBase LV3 Bonus + Hack

The full benefit stays until the number is gone.
    You can re-hack the turret at anytime, so if you see its blue (or red) is near depletion, feel free to hack it again to restore it.
    Last edited: December 23, 2010
  5. cq217

cq217 Member

the effectiveness stay completely until the smaller number (hack) has disappeared
  6. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I thought lvl 3 FB adds ROF as well..?
  7. lllp3lll

lllp3lll New Member

Hacks increase its ROF
  8. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Agreed, but doesn't the jump from lvl 2 to 3 increase it as well? BTW the avatar is so, so pimpin.
  9. Pig Of Denmark

Pig Of Denmark New Member

I htink it gets more barrels ofr shootin at lvl3
  10. lllp3lll

lllp3lll New Member

Ice Ice baby :D ,

Usally by the time a support has a lvl3 firebase they shud already have lvl3 hack which is why its seems to be shooting faster (?)
  11. AbusedPumpkin

AbusedPumpkin New Member

A lvl 3 firebase can't be focused down by an assault/assassin while the support is healing it.

A lvl 2 firebase can.
  12. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Level 3 Firebases do have an increased Rate of Fire, yes.
  13. Galaxy010

Galaxy010 New Member

You positive? I wish they said that in the game description......
  14. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I actually use this trick sometimes...
    Drop a lvl 2 base, having a spare 400, leave the area. When you see the base's health declining its usually someone in its range, upgrade while they're attacking and suddenly the damage output jumps meaning they're not prepared for the extra damage, often results in a kill plus some laughs.
  15. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

It doesn't? I thought it did.
    Maybe I'm thinking of the Level 2 upgrade...

But it seems there's a trick of some kind to perform with the increase of damage so I guess it does. Haha~
  16. AARPS

AARPS New Member

there are a few things that aren't documented like this, I consider them rewards for playing.
  17. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Lvl 3 firebase only increases the firebases health and adds the health regen. As far as I know. There might be a damage increase, but the skill selection doesn't mention one. Mine is always hacked, and I usually have the lvl 3 hack before the lvl 3 firebase. I really couldn't tell you if there is a damage difference between lvl 2 and 3 firebases. I did find out recently, from F5in (and experience on spunky with my firebase set up by the enemy bot spawn), that an overhealed lvl 3 firebase can survive an ejector. Doesn't have to be fully overhealed either. Mine was and survived with about 1/4 health.
  18. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

How strange that you should mention this, because I recently found out the same thing.

I was like "Why isn't this foo's Firebase dead?" Then I shot it with some magic stars and it blew up, and I continued on my merry way.

It still baffles me that Supports continue to place them there.
  19. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I dont ever expect my firebase to live forever. I was suprised too. Got away with it that time. It was a sniper that hit the ejector, then he jumped down to finish me off. He was prolly more suprised than I was when my firebase was still there. Its an impossible spot to hold, but I was just trying to take some heat off of our spawn.

This knowledge nugget does come in handy on grenade, in many places. I'm sure ill find new spots now that I don't necessarily have to avoid ejectors.
  20. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

However, keeping the FB healed enough to survive an ejector+aftermath means you'll probably be in ejector range. Maybe flying off the map :p