Official Localization Thread

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, January 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Who, didn't realize the official thread for this got made. Time to verify the Spanish. Woosh! :)
  2. blazel

blazel New Member

I have finished the Hungarian translation. A couple of words and sentences gave me a hard time to translate, so i hope that sooner or later there will be other Hungarian speakers to fix what needs to be fixed.
  3. lordantag

lordantag Member

Translated all sentences to Brazilian Portuguese. Grammar is perfect. Syntax could use a revision. I kept both Planetary Annihilation and Uber intact, since they are copyrighted related.
  4. grmp

grmp New Member

As long as i am not forced to use the localization
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Localization will always be user selected. We have a lot of international folks who've said they normally play in English, and prefer it. But having people who do that, and can review translations, generally makes for some of the best translations. People who really get the context of what they're looking at.
  6. lophiaspis

lophiaspis Member

Do you think this site could be used to crowdsource unit names later on?
  7. garat

Depends on the unit names. Anything in game that needs localization WILL get localized, at least first pass, through this website. And that will include unit names that aren't proper names.
  8. lophiaspis

lophiaspis Member

I mean the original English unit names. Neutrino suggested in some other thread to crowdsource some of them. Seems like it could work great if you just make a "language" called Unit Names and input the unit types/provisional names as strings to be "translated" (suggested names for and voted on).
  9. syox

syox Member

can we haz internetz ?
    cuz u know its faster and haz laz0rz
  10. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

Starcraft 2 did it and it made the localization of SC2 really awesome.
  11. felipec

felipec Active Member

Well, Portuguese (Brazil) was completed by lordantag and verified by me. What left to say that the language is Status: 100% Complete?
  12. themetius

themetius New Member

I completed the italian translation, there is someone who can look at it for mistakes? Another opinion on a couple of sentences would be welcome.
  13. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

I overwrote my own translations, of which I think that they are not the best, with a simple minus (-) and voted for a better translation.

But I have a few questions:

1. When will the Uber Store be translated into other languages?

2. The content of the Uber Store has changed. But there are no changes in the localisation project.
    Does it make sense to translate content that is no longer used?
  14. brzowski

brzowski New Member

Yeah I also checked all portuguese (brazil) strings, they are all well done. I guess a few others need to verify to get to 100% complete on the system. However there is nothing to be fixed in my view.
  15. felipec

felipec Active Member

Yeah, It looks like everything was well translated.. You are the third brazilian here in the Backers Lounge.. lets hope we get some new br guys soon =)
  16. ethernoy

ethernoy New Member

excuse me,but what I want to know is whether every language we translate the strings to will be applied in PA?
  17. bolley2k

bolley2k New Member

The german translation looks pretty good so far. I only noticed one thing: "edition" is not equal to "Version" in german, especially regarding software. E.g. you get different software versions of the premium edition... "Edition" should be translated with the corresponding german word "Edition".
  18. garat

So all the translations so far, which are all store specific, will be applied as soon as we finish building the underlying tech to easily allow string table switches on the website. It's not necessarily hard work, it's just low priority at the moment, but something we'll be doing soon.

But short answer is yes, with the exception of the first test batch I ran back in december or early january, all these strings we expect to use either on our websites, and when we're ready to start posting game strings, for in game use.
  19. CompactDisc

CompactDisc New Member

Dutch translation is finished, we still need more votes to verify completion. Anyone that knows Dutch, please do check out the translations so we can get this over with ;)
  20. nobodyakagi

nobodyakagi New Member

^the same applies to the danish translation

we just need votes and then we are good to go
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.