For Backers Only: Pre-Order Upgrade rollout

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, February 15, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

This will be limited in appeal to only people who had asked about this. You asked for upgrades, we have upgrades. We JUST launched this, literally 15 minutes ago. We'll be announcing this publicly tomorrow, but in the meantime:

https://store.uberent.com/

(Do a hard refresh if you still only see the old store with no Upgrade option or the new pre-order package)

If you login with your UberNet account, you will now have options to upgrade your pre-orders. This ONLY applies to pre-orders for the moment. We will be doing something for early backers to at least get beta and/or alpha access upgrade options as well, but that's still in the works.

We also unveiled a new pre-order option on the page, but we won't be announcing it publiclly till tomorrow.

If you were wanting to upgrade, or just want to go help hammer the website and check out the changes, please take a look.

If you run into any problems, please post here immediately. And feedback is greatly appreciated!
  2. garat

To be clear, we will be rolling out something for early backers as well, beyond the upgrade options you had when you finalized. We just aren't ready to talk about those yet. :)
  3. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Wonderful! Wonderful! Maybe I can upgrade to the 140 Dollar stage and have a planet named, or something. I cant wait to see what the kickstarter backer upgrades will be. And from what I can see, Im safe in terms of the Delta.

And remember peoples! The more you spend, the better they can make the game!
  4. wemlock

wemlock Member

nice to see this hope they get something for us backers soon
  5. doud

doud Well-Known Member

EDIT : Stupide question, my mistake, sorry :oops:
    Last edited: February 15, 2013
  6. halvarian

halvarian New Member

Is the Delta commander not available to everyone?
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

currently on for backers who have pledged >= 90$ as far as i understood.
  8. garat

The Theta commander is being made available to all backers. The Cosmic Limited Edition is the only package getting the Delta for pre-orders, and for early backers, it's being included at the $90 + level, as mentioned.

In putting the Cosmic edition together, we tried to add some existing things that a number of people had been asking to make available again, along with a few new things, such as the Delta, and the new badge system, which is a new system we'll be talking more about soon, and asking you all how you'd like a system like that used (beyond what we already have planned).. but that's a topic for a different thread. :)
  9. scorch44

scorch44 New Member

Hey i was a early backer, and this may be the wrong place. But what if we were looking to grab a T-shirt and not up a tier or something? Because those t-shirts are awsome.
  10. garat

There are other threads for that, however, looking at your account, you already selected at least one of them. They're the same four shirts that were made available already for the $100 + level of early backers. :)
  11. chocrates

chocrates New Member

Semi OT. I am thinking about upgrading enough to get in on the alpha (i am on the 40 or 50 dollar kickstarter tier)
    When i log in to the Uber store it says i havent bought anything, and under my account it says i have a purchase with an order number at 0 dollars.

Should i be worried?
  12. garat

No.. I was just talking to one of our UberNet engineers about that.. we're gonna fix that.. that just means you didn't pre-order, but were an early backer.. we realized that it's a very misleading message for early backers :)
  13. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

So to be clear for someone like me who is in the $100 backing braket with $120 for the Game loaded USB addition. What we are getting for upgrading to this package would be the Planet naming and the Hard cover copy of the Artbook. Or is the Forum tag going to be only for the Cosmic package.

Im just trying to figure this out because its saying the early backers will be listed in the credits. And im trying to figure out would we also get the Forum badge or does that only come with the Cosmic. Also If I upgraded I would probably loose my Game loaded USB which I really want as its Shaped like a Commander. And as much as I would love to have the Hardcover copy of the artbook I just dont have that much money around right now.
  14. scorch44

scorch44 New Member

I know that doesn't mean i don't want a second one :3
  15. scorch44

scorch44 New Member

anyway that is just me being a asshat, don't want to be rude.
  16. NortySpock

NortySpock Member

I'm happy you rolled it out because it means I can confirm I ordered what I thought I ordered.

Also, 74 day countdown for the Cosmic Unlimited bundle -- interesting. To avoid reading too much into that I would guess that that's the shirt/miniature/other physical products shipping cutoff?
  17. cybran89

cybran89 New Member

I'd love to get the cosmic edition (printed art-book, wow!) but I can't afford it :cry:
  18. anora

anora New Member

well this wont allow me to upgrade my current tier as a kick starter backer
  19. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Reading is fun! :roll:
  20. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

Looks like it is equivalent to the 150$ tier of KS. :D
    I will not envy cosmic owners since I pledged 95$ on KS.