speed modeling video?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by adecoy95, February 10, 2013.

1. adecoy95

adecoy95 Member

any chance we might get a video from one of the 3d artists in the team doing a time lapse of a modeling project?

would be pretty neat to see, at least to me
  2. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Even though it's probably way too intrusive, UBER artists streaming as they work would be...

[​IMG]
  3. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

He's not talking about streaming Knickles. He's talking timelapse.

Basically, you set up a perspective camera on your model, and every so often you render it out - thereby getting a time lapse of the model being developed.
  4. acey195

acey195 Member

Or just record your screen while modeling and speeding up the result by 2000%. That would take less time away from modeling than constantly rendering and would give a more in-depth view.

I would be interested in the modeling techniques the artists use.
    I hope at least one of these time lapses could be in the documentary.

I don't think actually streaming is a good idea. Its intrusive, takes up bandwidth and would be boring to watch for a lot of people in the first place (in real time, modeling can take a long time)
  5. chirmaya

chirmaya Member

I'd love this to happen, as I plan to make some modding tutorials. The main thing that I don't understand yet is how to work between both 3DS Max and ZBrush to make the normal maps, etc. It would also be nice to pick up other modeling tips, or at least other ways to do things.
  6. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

I love that idea too.

@Knickles they already said that they would feel strange if they would make a 24/7 livestream of their office.
    BUT they didnt say NO.(so cross fingers)
  7. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

I know the difference.

It's in the same topic of "artists showing their work process", not worthy of its own thread.

Yeah, that's understandable. Though, I figured he was more responding to the idea of having a "big brother" camera recording the office, whereas I'm just talking about recording photoshop/3ds max for an hour or two. Just putting it out there, because I know I've seen a freelance artist that's very close to Uber stream before, and it was cool.