I wish I were more of a backer...

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by cruton32123, February 9, 2013.

?

Even though the kick-starter is over, do you want to donate more money?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    34.5%
  1. cruton32123

cruton32123 New Member

I loved Total Annihilation way back when, and quite enjoyed Supreme Commander as well. When I first heard about Planetary Annihilation I felt so excited. When I heard about the kick-starter I felt the imperative to donate. Then I felt like a moron that the kick-starter ended in September and it was January. In the very last live stream John said how every little bit of extra cash goes to help the game, and now I feel that I simply must ask.

I already pre-ordered the galactic edition of the game and convinced a few of my friends to do the same. I do not possess the skill, education, or time to actively create any sort of content for the game, but I would still like to contribute more, and I know I'm not the only one. I know this may sound crazy but, Is there any chance that Uber Entertaiment might be reopening the kick-starter, or starting some other means to donate to the development of Planetary Annihilation? I know that all of the current pre-order funds go toward the game, but I would just feel silly ordering multiple copies of the same game.

I will go out on a limb and open a poll to prove I'm not alone.
  2. acey195

acey195 Member

I guess you can always pre-order more copies to give to friends, instead of donating.
  3. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Send them an email seeing if you can PayPal up your tier? Who knows!
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Hang tight, folks. :)

I've mentioned an upgrade path a few times recently, and we're working on some "cool stuff". We'll hopefully have that launched "soon"(tm). Once that's up, take a look at it, and if it's STILL not enough, then let's brain storm, as a community, some other cool ways that you guys can participate more, and hopefully even make it, perhaps, goal oriented?

Just a thought.

You guys all never cease to amaze me. Never had the privilege of working with a community that is so very excited to help a game succeed. You've ruined me for any future games. Clearly, we'll just have to keep making games for you guys. :mrgreen:
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I've spend nearly 2 times the money I spend on my 5 copies of SupCom + FA.
    Should be enough.

But I don't see why you cant just preorder a few more copies?
  6. halosas

halosas Member

I do i want Alpha
  7. ronube

ronube New Member

I heard you guys talking about people getting custom commanders, and I would totally be interested in paying to get one, but I haven't read the forums enough to know how the custom commanders are going to work. I preordered the Galactic Edition, but would totally pay another $25-$50, or perhaps a little more, to get a custom commander. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other backers were willing to shell out for something along those lines.
  8. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

The custom commander was a 1000$ pledged tier reward for the kickstarter, even if they added a way to buy a custom commander later it will cost ALOOT more then "another $25-$50".

Making a whole new commander just for ~5 people (you get 5 keys to the same custom commander atleast in the kickstarter version) isent cheap.
  9. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Custom commanders are going to those who pledged $1000 or more in the KickStarter campaign.

Basically, $25-$50 only an hour or two's pay for someone working at Uber. It takes more than 1-2 man-hours of work to create a new unit...

[EDIT:] Dammit. Ninja post beat me to the answer.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Maybe he wants to buy a custom-commander-key from one of the 90+ backers who have a custom commander? They get 5 keys to share for their commander after all.
  11. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Maybe, i know that me myself will try to buy (or beg for, yes i know i'm shameless) a few custom commanders when people start getting their keys.
  12. mcodl

mcodl Member

I actualy didn't manage to be a backer using the Kickstarter as I learned about it just a few days after it was closed.

But when the preorders came so I bought the 95 USD (or was it 90? I don't really remember) with the alpha access and I'm more then happy with that :) .

Besides the money contribution I will gladly help with localizations, namely to Czech language (as I posted in the official localization thread), playtesting and bugreporting.
  13. kmastaba

kmastaba Member

I understand your discomfort about spending your money only once, which is an unpleasant reminder of the SupCom2 economy switchback.

Solution could be to add a subscription option that send x money every month/week/day/second/ to Uber.
    This way we can push a % of our income, exactly the same way we send mass & energy flux into the building of some awesome experimental warmachine.
    We could see the realtime economy counter growing, with animation of some Uber commander nanolathing a PA gamebox. :mrgreen:
  14. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

o_O Thats just brilliant, Uber should give uss the option to use a stream economy for helping funding PA xD (Pay a small amount every month).

I would if the option existed.
  15. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

YEAH! I love this community, too! And I am so excited about that game. :mrgreen:

Can't wait for the update... I still want the alpha that much!
  16. syox

syox Member

This.
    And btw i dont want some crap like figures or stuff. if i donate money the best thing you can do for me put it ALL into gamedevelopment.

Though could be nice for others :p
  17. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

As Marc said we've had numerous requests along these lines and are working to accomodate people who want to support us in a bigger way.
  18. stevenside

stevenside Member

This is something i am really happy to hear about!
  19. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Well, stream economy is great idea :3 And maybe animation of commander building next big update or dlc, or big dlc (for free?). I would pay too, Uber needs every dolar to make this game epic forever, to the annihilation of universe :D
  20. ulight

ulight Member

After see the last live stream I would upgrade my tier to the $1000 tier if I could.