Welcome to the Backers Only lounge!

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, January 7, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

There will be a way to upgrade pre-orders soon, but pledges were upgradeable through the end of 2012, but we had to turn that part of the upgrade process off at a certain point.
  2. RealTimeShepherd

RealTimeShepherd Member

Not sure where to ask this question:
    We are all expected not to share the images specifically, but there is a thread regarding rotation of factories before placement in the General Discussion forum. A lot of the discussion involves using circular or unidirectional factories to avoid rotating the factories.

Would it be inappropriate to point out in this thread that the backers only images fairly definitively show that Land Factories will have a fixed roll off point...?

Cheers ;)
  3. garat

If a topic or images are still restricted to the backers forum, please hold off on discussion outside the backers forum. For things that have already been released widely, like the desert biome and scale images, go to town and discuss away!
  4. elitecreature

elitecreature New Member

@Garat: Do you guys plan out these For Backers Only image/news drops (eg. Introducing the Delta Commander)?
    Or is it like this-

*average work day at Uberent*

"hm hmm hm hmm.... ooooo!"

"...What?"

"(Insert random awesome thing here)"

"WOW! (Insert random awesome thing here) is too awesome to keep trapped in this office!"

"Yeah, lets make this a For Backers Only post!"

"Yeah!"

*(Insert random awesome thing here) gets posted to the backers Lounge*

....okay, I might have gotten a little carried away with that... 99.9% chance that it is the first one anyway, but thought it would be fun to ask :p
  5. garat

Some we plan, some are just "Whoa, cool". :) As we get further along, you'll see more of the "whoa cool" style, but right now, it's mostly planned.

We're still working on our "groove" with releasing early content.
  6. elitecreature

elitecreature New Member

@Garat: You are officially more awesome (which, being an Uber employee already makes you awesome, thus "more") for responding to a post that really didn't deserve a reply.

Random question: On the latest Twitch release, Mayvor said that alot of the guys up at Uber play instruments, is this possible that people who can create awesome games can also have skills in instruments as well?!?!? Or is Mayvor lying :shock:

(I know this probably could be made into its own thread but.... meh)
  7. neophyr3

neophyr3 New Member

Haven't been on here for a while. Nice to see that the backer forum is up. I'll need to catch up on everything I missed sometime soon.
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Speaking for myself the word "play" is probably a misnomer. If you mean creating screeching sounds then we might be on to something.
  9. garat

Neutrino is much better at the guitar than he claims. :)

I know off the top of my head we have at least one drummer, a few guitarists, etc. I primarily play keyboards - reasonably competently, though I've started to learn guitar, and am still awful at it.
  10. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

sounds to me like we could get an UBERtrack recorded & performed by the dev's when they're blessed again wit spare time after the release :mrgreen:
  11. furlock

furlock Member

I'm quite happy and excited to be a part of something I know will be so wonderful. Love you, Uber.
  12. carbonrevenge

carbonrevenge New Member

I'm ready for an indie RTS. I have yet to play one and i'm glad to be able to back one.

Indie devs do what triple AAA devs don't.
  13. furlock

furlock Member

And that's precisely why I love Uber. They aren't afraid to stray from the beaten path. MNC and SMNC have been some of the best games I've ever played, for multiple reasons. Even when the games died out, the devs are what kept me faithful to Uber, because I know how awesome they are, and how much they truly have a passion for making games. They don't make games for the profits. They make games so people can have fun.
  14. supercilious

supercilious New Member

save the planets, we must build an army of love
  15. furlock

furlock Member

But I want to build an army of planets!
  16. preachyr

preachyr New Member

wow i really should have logged in earlier. Been browsing the general forums for the last couple months and didnt realize there was a backer area :lol:
  17. thgr8houdini

thgr8houdini Member

Yeah...same here.
  18. thaplague

thaplague Member

Awesome updates uber. I enjoy watching this game develop over time and the live updates. I think the majority of us, including myself, are just excited to be part of the process. I loved TA, when everyone else was playing Starcraft, and can't wait for PA.
  19. dude86

dude86 Member

Im late in but very happy to be here.the last streams have been getting me really exited.
  20. squarkster

squarkster New Member

The recent livestream updates have just been superb, I'm looking forward to this so much.

You guys are all doing an excellent job, keep it up and the game will be simply awesome.