Announcment sub forum

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by tamiel, February 8, 2013.

1. tamiel

tamiel New Member

This is just a quick idea that i had but could we have a sub forum in the backers lounge that is exclusively for uber to post announcements in making them easier to find and filter out backer made threads?
  2. syox

syox Member

sounds good
  3. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

AFAIK announcements are stickied to the top of the forum, so a subforum isn't really necessary. They are unstickied when they become public knowledge or outdated
  4. SplaTTerChef

SplaTTerChef New Member

It isn't sticky at all D;

pls create a subforum, that would be nice :)
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That is supposed to be the entire purpose of the Backer Lounge. 90% of the threads posted here could/should have gone in the General Discussion Subforum.

Mike
  6. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

All announcements are sticky, whether they're in here or in the general forum. I'd rather not make yet another sub forum at this time, if we can avoid it. If it really becomes a problem, or we have so many stickies that they're not easily spottable in the top 1 - 3 posts, then maybe we come back to this? That sound reasonable?

We generally don't allow posts in pure "announcements", and I'd prefer the announcements we do make in this forum be more interactive, as in "Here's a topic for conversation!".
  7. tamiel

tamiel New Member

fair enough, i just thought of it cos i found it annoying sometimes not being able to tell what posts are started by uber and are about PA cos of the naming of some of the threads
  8. lilroid

lilroid New Member

Lock for the red and green coloured names ;)