Monday Night Combat Beta Updates Update 5 out 1/16/11

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, December 18, 2010.

1. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Re: *UPDATED* Monday Night Combat Beta Update 1 Release Notes

hmm Then I am not sure ? Ive redowned loaded it a few times to the server .
  2. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

A redownload still hangs when someone tries to join my server, I will have to double check ports are ok tomorrow as it's late here.
  3. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Force a "Local Cache Validation", it should say it's redownloading one file.

One thing I did notice, though, is that instead of crashing, the game hangs, but it sometimes hangs long enough to drop all players. This happened while I was running a Listen server, not sure about a dedicated server, I'll try that later today.
  4. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I tried that before work and it downloaded something but still no good, crash on player connect still.

I tried making a server and connecting to it myself but I just had a never-ending loading screen most likely where the server died on connect.
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Re: Monday Night Combat Beta Updates

Nice, now the firebase can actually be deployed in front of someone when you encounter them and have it be useful. It was impossible to use on the spot before, it was always destroyed before it deployed. Hence the need to always find a strategic spot for it before hand.

Good to see airstrikes have a lower cooldown again. Now I can use them to push lanes again, defend myself, and cover my retreat, without having to pick one or the other. Have they been returned to original cooldown times or between what it was and what it is?

Now when are we going to get reduced Hack 3 times on enemy turrets? It's still impossible to use in a serious game.
  6. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

The chat is hidden by the UI when being on the "dead" screen, would it be possible to either arrange the UI and the chat position so it remains visible, or add an UI element showing chat on that screen?
  7. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

]
    How come this isn't something that has been updated on the 360 yet? Wasn't the game designed in a way that allows them to make balance changes without going through certification?
  8. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Not all balance changes can work through the Live system.
  9. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Sad face.
  10. Haxim

Haxim Member

But the support recharge times could, right? RIGHT?
  11. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Part of making MNC a quality PC game and not a "crappy Xbox port" is customizing and tailoring the gameplay balance for PC and not making blanket changes that are applied to both Xbox and PC. I'm not the balance guy, so I can't comment on the hows whys and whens, but I can say that the game plays different on a PC. For example, classes like sniper and gunner are far more accurate with a mouse than an Xbox controller. So I would hope/expect that the PC would get it's own set of considered balance changes to help make it the best game it can be. I think this is one of those changes.
  12. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Need more keybinds, for example having grapple as secondary fire of one weapon seems like it was designed for a controller with a limited amount of buttons, and it's quite annoying to have to switch weapon before using grapple, now maybe it's a design choice?
  13. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

<3
  14. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

I'm sorry, I can't find it...

Anyone see where in the patch notes of the latest patch that suddenly made all assassin players kick *** for no real reason? Like as if they fixed the huge amounts of new player fail. :/

Just been stuck in a match where my team suddenly had FOUR assassins. "Yeah we're fucked" is what was said at the beginning, but then suddenly we steamrolled the **** out of the other, balanced team, with juice base wipes and multi-grapple kills.

Whaaaaaaat?
  15. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

So you got beat by a team of Assassins that were playing well?
  16. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

No that was my team with the assassin's that won.

But the problem was my friend was auto-assigned to the other team, and he only played one game before that one, so yeah, he's utterly and completely convinced this game has horrendous balance.

Don't blame him really, but my playtime shows that now just seems a really, really bad time for new players like him with those elite ninja running around all of a sudden, rather than bad gameplay. :(
  17. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I found support was rather good on the pc anyway due to accurate shotgun kills and the firebase still being a beast at level 3.3, but hey i'll go with making them stronger again on the pc :lol:

I am happy that uber are balancing the game for keyboard and mouse players, this is something most other devs would not think about when porting the game across, and in the end it helps make the game just as fun and balanced on pc as it currently is on consoles.
  18. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

We really see them as two different environments so therefore they need different balance. I'm not sure how anyone could make it work otherwise without doing some weird stuff.
  19. Ian

Ian New Member

[​IMG]

:lol:
  20. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

around here, we call that the Shammas...

any chance of lowering the damage a tad on the railgun its a sniper with no scope on PC...