PvP vs Coop

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Gruenerapfel, January 28, 2013.

?

PvP or PvE

1. PvP

76 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. PvE

94 vote(s)
    55.3%
  1. sinanm89

sinanm89 New Member

Me and my friends play hours end against hard computer opponents since were together in the same room and shouting and everything.

I most definately dont enjoy playing against other players because I like to play at my own pace however I do see how its fun for others.
  2. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

I like your points.
  3. claw55

claw55 New Member

I would say I enjoy both. In my opinion, fighting against other people is ultimately the meat of many RTS, and certainly TA/ SupCom. But there are always going to be times when you want to get together with your friends for a little laid-back co-op action, especially when you're still learning the game. It helps alleviate the pain of constantly loosing in 1v1 games.

What I'm curious is, are people more interested in smaller, more organized matches between individuals or small teams in leagues/ ladders; or something more team-focused in the form of multiplayer Galactic War, or a single massive multi-hour game across a huge star system? I know I'd REALLY love the latter!
  4. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Frankly I'd love to see a massive multiplayer scenario where there is one earth-size planet (Remember those Earth maps from Supcom? Something a couple times bigger), and then have an ongoing war which is about more than just annihilating the other players, where new players can join and form alliances / start new nations....
  5. adecoy95

adecoy95 Member

co-op for me

ill never do pvp in strategy games
  6. zenomaddog

zenomaddog Member

CO-OP, Skirmish for me, and LAN Multiplayer.
  7. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Definately PvP. Always sucked at it, but its much more interesting to play against a biological opponent...
    Last edited: February 6, 2013
  8. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Small Boneyards
  9. insanityoo

insanityoo Member

For the really big games I'll probably only ever play against the computer (time constraints). But I'll definitely play lots of 1v1s and some 2v2s.
  10. carbonpollution

carbonpollution New Member

I prefer co-op simply because vs the computer along side friends can make you feel really strategic not only that but pop is good for competition but I still prefer co-op
  11. scorch44

scorch44 New Member

I enjoy co-operative play because i love teaming up with my friends for a good old game of kill the bot. On the other hand I do think player vs player is important to any game if you want to have a real challenge and play a game that can be a bit unpredictable. Still a good balance of both is good. I'm not a pro player by any means so playing my friends 1 vs 1 isn't usually a good game for me or them. Still I'm hoping I can try some ranking in this game and maybe be a decent player.
  12. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

I voted PvE because of skirmish, though I would also agree with thorneel on this being a bit of a false dichotomy.

If the "difference" in PA is just who you're playing against, and whether the outcome influences your ranking or not, then there really isn't that much difference when playing the same game modes. The differences would be in the subtleties and not in the overall gameplay, so the distinction isn't as relevant as in a game like CoD or WoW.

We know we aren't getting a campaign, but even with mods, all the campaign is doing is providing a modicum of "why" behind the battle beyond the existing lore. The goal will still be the same: spread through the galaxy, eliminate enemies, consolidate power. :mrgreen:
  13. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

Hi as an rts gamer i want a game that has no "fast fixes" in order to win. I would like a combination of strategy, micro management and good base design to be the formula for galactic conquest. From playing company of heroes online i think i've seen the direction that i don't want rts to go. P.s. can we have base shielding and secondary commanders please.
  14. kvet92

kvet92 New Member

I personally prefer Co-op with friends. It's just more fun talking and having fun with your friends as friends can become predictable, much like AI can, but you do have someone of intelligence that you can to and help plan rather than fight people who can easily destroy you. (Starcraft II....never face the Koreans...)
  15. taihus

taihus Member

I'm not sure what the OP is asking. Isn't the main difference who your opponent is?
  16. syox

syox Member

Well Koreans will be nerfed in PA.... :lol:
    jk
  17. taihus

taihus Member

They probably won't even play it, because it isn't Starcraft or a grindy MMO. :(