Dedicated PC gaming. Why?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by ZOoo00OOm, February 1, 2013.

1. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

LOL! Not that part, the part that contributed to the discussion :p
  2. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

How the hell did I end up on there? Never even talked to the guy, that I remember at least
  3. eternalist

eternalist New Member

Because blocking people is cool
    I bet the guy also sages threads with trips in them just to say he filtered them
  4. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

I don't understand these words.
  5. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

:cool: You put that after your edit so I figured it was part of it. as if you were letting him know you had something to say.
  6. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

I didn't decide, I was always part of the master race since I was a child using Windows 98. The only multiplayer console I have is a DS Lite.

Not going to delve into this, but you can probably have a full desktop that plays games at console graphics for about $300. A large majority of titles run at resolutions lower than 720p with no AA and usually graphics that are equivalent to the low setting. The loss leader model is becoming a moot point.
  7. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

I was to let people know I had something to say! Something on topic! :lol:
  8. jbeetle

Consoles only serve one purpose, and that's party games.
  9. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

And that's only Nintindo.

I just use my PC though.
  10. whoismiked

whoismiked Active Member

Lets not forgot, who wants to mess with disks anymore?

Mess your disk up somehow?

S.O.L.
  11. thetrollingking

thetrollingking New Member

I'll agree that consoles do have advantages over PC, but I weigh the positives of having a PC much higher. I'll try to keep the inner PC elitist in me down when I write these:

- When I play a console, I feel tied down. Sometimes I don't always want to play standardized games with standardized settings. I want to be able to modify my games, look at it in high texture, and mess around with background stuff as well.

- I can only play console games on a console. Some may argue that with things like the Nintendo VC system you can go back and play classics, but the thing with that is it's limited. When I play on PC, I can almost virtually play any downloadable game with the right specs. Also, i'm not saying the VC system is flawed; it's a system that I think is brilliant and I very much enjoy when I go back to play on my Wii-U, it's just a matter of limitation.

- I feel, and this may be just me and doesn't apply to everyone, that playing with people on PC is much better and more comfortable than on consoles. If I were to play with a friend in real life on a console, I'd have to have:
    A) Same console
    i. If Xbox360, Xbox live

B) Some form of communication

C) Have them play at the same place, which arises more things, like do I have mutliple controllers, games, mic, ect.

Overall, I would say it depends on the type of person you are. If you are a person who doesn't care for little things like FPS and customization, then consoles are pretty easy. If you are a person who weighs it higher, then PCs are also good.

Also, araxis what is with that screen? I've only labeled odokee as a foe IIRC :roll:
  12. jbeetle

odokee actually cared enough to poston the forums?
  13. eternalist

eternalist New Member

that's okay
  14. thetrollingking

thetrollingking New Member

not that I know of, but he PMed me once saying "lagging fucker"
  15. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

While I prefer PC gaming, i do have a console, playnig games on it feel less competitive, more casual and relaxed while PC is hardcore.

Prolly just me
  16. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

Don't want to sound a douche but even some Pc games you have to pay to play, Just saying.

I'd still rather stick to a console as I prefer console games. even though I play on the laptop often on games I enjoy, I can't sit on them for as long as I can on the Xbox as I'm always talking to someone having a laugh making up our own game modes or just messing about.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

XBox Live is a much bigger service than just "Pay to play games online." And really an XBox 360 is just a glorified dvd player/radio that can also play game. Here's a bit of info not many PC/Steam users know. A huge number of Indie titles on Steam (and other places like Desura) are developed for and ported from the XBox Indie Games Marketplace (XBIG). So while you may think XBox only sells $60 boxed titles it has just as big of a digital market as Steam does. This even includes XBox Live Arcade Games, Games On Demand, XBox Game Room. All Digital games for almost every era of console gaming.

So really the only thing PCs have over consoles is system customization.
  18. jbeetle

I know that from watching TB videos. He actually often mentions even ports from the iPad/iPod. Still, PC blows consoles out of the water and always will.
  19. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

Right. It's "Pay to do things that are free on every other platform.
    Correct. It's just about as powerful as a dvd player.
    Here's something most console kiddies don't know (but most core PC gamers do): Most of the games on Xbox (and to a lesser extent, Playstation) are developed on PC, ported to Xbox, and then back to PC.
    Only a retard thinks that Xbox *only* has $60 box titles. Games on Xbox are just significantly more likely to be released at $60. As far as the digital market, I'm pretty sure Steam is bigger, but I can't find numbers on Xbox live [Update: It is, See Edit]. Xbox live is certainly smaller than the sum of Steam, Desura, and BigFish (not to mention any other retailers).
    And versatility. And affordability. And selection. And variety. And everything except exclusives and simplicity (i.e. UI and restrictions designed for lazy people).

Edit: According to the Wikipedia lists, Xbox Live has a total of 1347 games across it's different fronts. Steam has 1879.
  20. gluteusmaximums

gluteusmaximums New Member

Metal Gear is the only reason I own a console. And Dark Souls originally.