Skill Upgrade Hotkeys

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Warskull, December 20, 2010.

1. Warskull

Warskull New Member

There are currently hotkeys to for skill upgrades once the menu is already open. Why even require the player to open menus though? There should be hotkeys to upgrade skills without opening the 'B' menu. I suggest F1-F4. The only reason this couldn't be in the X360 version was due to a lack of buttons.
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I fully support this idea! Although it would interfere with the pro tags a little bit.
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Solid idea
  4. faits

faits New Member

Would make tank's clutch passive too easy to execute.
  5. Fuffles

Fuffles New Member

Shhhhh!

In all seriousness, it wouldn't bother me if they removed it, or lessened it's benefit.
  6. Ironheart

Ironheart New Member

So?

You can only do it twice per game, it requires money and it's overall effect on the game is negligible, lest they'd remove it a long time ago. In QA for the initial 360 release probably.

Not a valid reason to withhold this feature.

Now, if the designer wants to ensure that people seek safety to upgrade their skills via the simple, intuitive interface that explains what each does, instead of feeling pressured into doing it during firefights and remembering every skill by heart [to avoid wasting time during the match or w/e else], he might want to keep it the way it is.
  7. Hako

Hako New Member

Hitting B, the corresponding number for your skill, then B again takes hardly anytime at all.

I like the interface, and to ensure your safety you have to hide behind something for a couple of seconds. I think it should be kept the way it is.
  8. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

It takes a second or two, and you have to stop moving to open the menu. If you could do it while running, that would be nice..
  9. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Honestly I support this method. It requires you to ether break momentum to have an edge, or keep going and upgrade later. It has a small, but I think vital impact on the games movement in fighting...at least when equal skill is also around...when not...
  10. Erratic

Erratic New Member

Is it really that hard to quickly press b-4-b?
  11. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Apparently...thought My set up's more 'Left shift -> ( z,x,c,v ) -> Left Shift'.
    I quickly drop my hand from movement to those four to buy, then quickly move them back to place once done...Part of me wants to make it left ctrl soon enough as i'm ending up using juice allot more, but overall I'm keeping my buy keys the same.