For Backers Only: Introducing the Delta Commander

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, January 30, 2013.

1. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

So won't that show up in the other non-backer forums?
    Not honestly sure that it's an issue though.
  2. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

I shouldn't think it is. If they ask me to take it down I will though
  3. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

I approve this message.

Hydrofoil, you sir are a genius!
  4. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Awesome! :mrgreen:
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

LOL Totally fine, don't sweat it. :)
  6. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

Woot :) i will go on forever happy knowing i had some meaningful and visible contribution to the game!
  7. mylbp2ps3

mylbp2ps3 New Member

I trought they where finished before i read the text! :lol:
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

He can make waffles with his shoulders!!! <3
  9. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

102 custom commanders... o_o I see now why Uber's only making 1 unit pool. Seems like there will be more commanders than units.
  10. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

Nice! From the glowing red accents, and the shape of the arms/pauldrons, am I to assume that this has a cool, 'battle mode engaged' animation, where the boxy building arms and flat shoulders unfurl into the cannon arms and missile pods?
  11. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

So, do we have to buy each commander as we purchase a character to play in SMNC?
  12. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

At the moment Kickstarter backers of appropriate level get the Alpha, Progenitor, Theta and would also think that would include the Delta commander as its going to be a preorder bonus like the Theta.

Preorders get the Theta Commander, as well as the Delta (if its not preorder level specific. Or even preorder at all. Im guessing from the Posters.)

There is also the Custom commanders which are for the $1000+ Backers and the friends they choose to give codes to.

We have no way of knowing what system they will use for other commanders.
    Last edited: January 31, 2013
  13. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Oh right, would it be possible to give the commanders available to the public names more meaningful than say Delta? If there is going to be a large number of commanders to pick from, it would be nice if there were some way of differentiating them and being able to gain some sort of idea as to what they do from a mere list of their names.

For instance a Heavy Commander (maybe Theta) would get armour and regen upgrades, and possibly a stronger main weapon. An Adaptable Commander might get anti-air, torpedoes and a secondary weapon (maybe Delta). Etc.

Also I think the Delta Commander may be one of the stock commanders available to the general public when the game comes out.
  14. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

As it is right now I think that I rather like the names they are giving these early commanders but Im sure the naming scheme will change for later commanders.

They really havent said anything on the Availability of the Delta. Im extrapolating from the Posters saying Preorder Planetary Annihilation.
  15. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

One thing that I failed to add in my other post was that Unlike SMNC Planetary Annihilation isnt a Free to Play game. Thus im not sure how the systems will work or not. With SMNC the way to make money off of it like many other F2P games is to monetize something in the game and use micro transactions.
  16. Kahdir

Kahdir New Member

17. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

From what I understand so far, there is going to be a small pool of commanders for the "standard" players to choose from. Much like choosing your faction before a match in a normal RTS but instead the only difference is going to be your commander instead of having different units or tech trees.
  18. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

Personally I want to see the commanders bring more differences into a faction than just having a commander with different stats and weapon. Probably no change in the set of units and buildings but probably there must be other ways to do it...
  19. Consili

Consili Member

Clear as crystal : ) and pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. I'm a happy camper.
  20. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

I have one more question, Will commanders be able to upgrade themselves like the Supreme Commander?