For Backers Only: Introducing the Delta Commander

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, January 30, 2013.

1. RCIX

RCIX Member

Really love it, what's the backer level required to get this?
  2. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Very nice design. I especially like the splashes of yellow that were added. I don't know if this will be unique to commanders, but if it is, it will definitely make commander identification easier, like the yellow backpacks that the TA commanders had.
  3. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

I would also like to know who gets this commander, its not mentioned on kickstarter or the stores pre-orders atm and a forum search turned up nothing but this thread (considering that this is a introduction to the Delta Commander i guess i shouldent be suprised :roll: ).

I realy hope i get it xD It looks very Cybran Nation'ish (And Brotherhood of NOD'ish).

A bit like a fragile insect mixed with glowing red lights, cyborg design and advanced tech. I love its Cybran like design (and NOD :p ).
  4. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

I like the Commander in general, the aesthetic is nice, but:

Arm asynchronicity would be nice, especially if there was one that was a hand or something.
    WTF with the shoulders, seriously.
  5. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

btw...
    "Private images for backers"
    +
    "preorder now!"
    = no sense :D
  6. Consili

Consili Member

Looks like we are going to be spoilt for choice when it comes to picking what commander to field.

I am glad that there are going to be more options in terms of commanders, I wonder how they are going to vary from an ability/specification perspective.
  7. Consili

Consili Member

I am guessing like the renders we saw of the unit scaling, Uber are going to be releasing it outside of this backers forum soon.
  8. Daddie

Daddie Member

Just curious but all these different commanders do they all have different abilities/stats?
  9. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Yeah.. and the more you pay, the better your commander is.

I hear that if you pre-order 4 copies you get a bonus boost to build speed you can use once a day.

I had to, I'm sorry. :)

Nobody knows what stats / abilities / plans for the commanders Uber currently has, but we all know it will be well balanced and not pay to win.
  10. hohopo

hohopo Member

Lovely, very mean looking.
    I have to say I am fine with both arms looking the same, as it is it looks like an “efficient death machine”, making one arm different would ruin this.

I am wondering what the story behind the shoulders is? I can completely see hard light wings popping out to help the jet packs tho :D
  11. aeoncube

aeoncube New Member

Sweet!
    That is all I have to say, can't wait to use these commanders!
  12. mcodl

mcodl Member

It looks really mean :D . But as it was mentioned by some people before me, I would also like a slight assymetry in the design. Otherwise great looking commander!
  13. vahilior

vahilior New Member

It looks great, I also like the symmetry of it, how do we get it? Is it a default Commander or a reward of some kind?
  14. Alcheon

Alcheon Member

nice, wondering if it will have customizable secondary colors (like that yellow stripping) but it looks like a great addition to the commander lineup
  15. stevenside

stevenside Member

Those shoulders look like a Open-close reload mechanism for missile pods... well thats what i can see atleast. All the holes on the flaps makes it look like its about to send a volley.
  16. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Just remember that there are going to be a LOT of different commanders so we are trying to stretch our wings creatively a little bit. Keep the feedback coming but this isn't "THE" commander as there are multiple commanders representing differing philosophies of destruction.
  17. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

But the nanolathe is a weapon. It's the most versatile weapon of them all.
  18. Nukesnipe

Nukesnipe Member

Looks like Japan's take on the Cybran.
  19. Daddie

Daddie Member

Basicly we get like 100 different commanders and 5 different tanks? :mrgreen:
  20. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

Neutrino, can you confirm if these different commanders are different in visual style only, or if they will have differing abilities / attributes?