Musical Score

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by mprobison, January 18, 2013.

1. mprobison

mprobison New Member

Excuse me for not keeping up with both forum areas, but I wonder if it might be possible for the backers to get a sound track from the game music. TA has a musical score that is still played today (mostly by me at work) and I was wondering if we can get a sample.

Please excuse me if this is asked elsewhere but please be courteous; Not all of us can be forum rats.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

3. mprobison

mprobison New Member

I know about the kick-starter pledges, but I'm curious as to the production progress on the music. Getting an early ear-gasm to keep us all pumped for the game release.
  4. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

As I posted elsewhere we will be doing an audio update in the not too distant future.
  5. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

TA had one of the most memorable musical scores of any game I've played. A quarter of my daily commute playlist are TA songs. Saying the music is important to me would be a vast understatement.

I eagerly await this audio update. In the mean time:

Please, please, please, please integrate music into the gameplay as much as possible. While other games have come and gone, TA is the only game I've so reliably returned to year after year. It may have lost some of its 'magic', but just hearing the soundtrack convinces me to play it again.

(Admittedly, I don't have the same love for SC, but only because I never had a computer capable of running it myself. Upgrading in 2 days, can't wait.)
  6. poncegabriel

poncegabriel New Member

Very awesome didn't know the team can also do this.
  7. eiszfuchs

eiszfuchs New Member

Hopefully they'll address audio formats. Wouldn't like having a full orchestral score in 192 kbit/s MP3. :roll:
  8. SplaTTerChef

SplaTTerChef New Member

I thought they said that it were FLAC and 320kb/s...
  9. eiszfuchs

eiszfuchs New Member

I meant, details.
    11kHz/1.0/8bit? 44.1kHz/2.0/16bit? 96kHz/7.1/32bit? :lol: